PDA

View Full Version : Which tank does the washing machine dump in?

wpolderman
06-09-2013, 04:08 PM
We have a 2008 Montana 3400RL. Does anyone know if the washing machine water outlet dumps into the rear (galley) tank or into the front (bathroom) tank? The washing machine is just inside the door in a closet on the right. Not in the bedroom. Thanks for any help.

hankaye
06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
wpolderman, Howdy;

Only a suggestion, open one of the valves (you choose),
run the machine and see if that tank drains, if not then it
more than likely is the other ...

hankaye

tanman32225
06-10-2013, 09:04 AM
I asked the same question and didnt get a definite answer but common sense told me the closest gray water tank since the manufactures are so cheap I know they would not use an extra foot of pipe to make things correct by not filling up the galley tank which is the smallest of the gray water in most cases.

I leave my galley pull open if im at a full hookup allowing it to constantly drain. I reserve the other gray to flush out my lines after a black water dump.

wpolderman
06-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing but wondered if anybody had any experience with it. I was sure someone out there had. I was pretty sure it was the galley tank but stranger things have happened. You can't always count on common sense.

stlucia
06-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I found out that mine is piped straight to the drain line, its coming out no matter if I have the valves pulled or not.

Not my favorite set-up but, it is what it is.

wpolderman
06-11-2013, 05:19 PM
It must drain into one of the tanks doesn't it?

Javi
06-11-2013, 06:19 PM
If I had to guess, I'd go with the tank closest to the washer that's not the black tank. I'd also suspect that it was never intended that one would use the washer if one was not on full hookups.

jlb27537
06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
It varies with the floor plan and year. Start with empty tanks. Close all valves and do a load. If no water runs out, Open the valves one at a time and look for water.

This is not Rocket Science.

My 2014 3150RL drains into my front grey tank. My last motorhome drained out and did not go to any holding tank.

curlyfungirl
06-12-2013, 04:46 PM
We have a 2008 Montana 3400RL. Does anyone know if the washing machine water outlet dumps into the rear (galley) tank or into the front (bathroom) tank? The washing machine is just inside the door in a closet on the right. Not in the bedroom. Thanks for any help.

What type of washer did you buy? We have the same trailer as you do and are looking at washers.

jlb27537
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
We have the Splendede one piece. 2100XC. This is the 3rd Splendede, only one we will use. The 3400 has room for a stack set, so your options increase, however I would still only buy a Splendede set.

wpolderman
06-12-2013, 05:58 PM
We also have a Splendede. It is the one piece washer/dryer that does not vent out. It does a great job but the dryer does get very hot and you have to watch your cottons.