PDA

View Full Version : Something that bugs me ...

hankaye
06-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Howdy All;

Is it just me or is the cascade of Rally's & Events annoying in that it just does
it on it's own ????? Generally with most of the other forums here behave
themselves and don't expand themselves unless one 'clicks' on them. Simply
put if there is a new posting within there is a highlight that alerts us to that
forum and we can choose to enter and expand the forum ourselves and
explore what lies with-in or disregard it as we see fit.
Thanks for allowing me to vent a wee bit about something I find annoying ...

hankaye

hankpage
06-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Hank, I just checked that forum and everything seems normal to me. Are you sure Rascal hasn't been playing with your keyboard again??? :D The other Hank

hankaye
06-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Hank, Howdy;

Yep, he's outside right now with his clipboard and pencil
keeping tabs on the kitty-cat migration in and out of the
park and when I open any forum in the General Forums
section the whole list of Rally's and Events drops down
and stays down until I move to the Keystone Trailers group
of forums. Probably, just a personal thing but it's annoying to
me ... :banghead:, :rolleyes:

the other hank

hankpage
06-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Okay .... How about it???? Anyone else having a similar problem??? :confused: Maybe one of our IT gurus can suggest a solution. Help a couple of Hanks out .... Please.

f6bits
06-10-2013, 10:08 AM
I see what you're saying. Here's the link that's doing it:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

I'm running Safari. How about you?

It seems to me that the Rallies (Ok, *Rally's) is the *only* Sub-forum with its *own* Sub-Forums, and that's probably the cause of it.

If I were an admin, I'd create a Rallies & Events *Forum* with sub forums for the regions.

Or maybe there's a vBulletin config option that doesn't display nested sub forums until you're in the parent sub forum.

hankpage
06-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks Scott, When I use the link you provided I can see what Hank is talking about. (using Fire Fox) I do not see it from my normal forum home page. :dizzy: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/index.php

Hank, Try using that link and see if it makes a difference.

hankaye
06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Hank, Howdy;

Just tied it through the link provided same-old same-old.....
Thinking that f6bits might be on to something with the start
a separate forum like the one for the different types of RV's
That way to click out and have a thread line change to the
been read status one only has to click on the one heading
listing instead of working one's way back over several different
headings...

thanks for all the skull work folks

hankaye (aka the other hank)

Courtland
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I understand what you are saying and unfortunately I have very little options on how to prevent this or to make it work/look better. I could create a new forum header and it would show up like "Welcome to KeystoneRV.org" with the child forums directly below it or I can change the setting to prevent it from acting like a forum. The second solution will still take you to a page of sub forums and I believe that is what the complaint is so that may not be what works for you.

I have no issues changing it and showing Rally and Events as it own forum header and the regional forum information would show up as forums below, but I think that would be a decision that the users and moderators would need to make. I have no preference either way and can make the change easily. Convince the moderators it needs to be changed into it own category and it will get done. :D:D

Courtland