PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Camping

Beekeeper
06-07-2013, 02:26 PM
We are looking for destination ideas for Kentucky, for a week in early August. Interesting things to see, places to visit, with some fishing and relaxation thrown in would be great. Any ideas of places to take a look at would be greatly appreciated!

kc9ojn
06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
We are headed to Big Bone Lick State Park for 4 days.

Big old prankster
06-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I also was going to suggest big Bone Lick state park. Within a 30 minute drive you could visit the creation museum and have access to downtown Cincinnati to may be catch a ball game if that is your thing or the aquarium at Newport on the levy. Also about an hour drive would get you to Kings Island.

micar
06-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Thinking of a late trip to Kentucky...Big Bone Lick looks like a neat place to camp. Are the sites big enough for an almost 37ft fiver with 3 slides?
What is the weather like there in late september?
Mike

Bugle Boy
06-08-2013, 11:11 AM
I have always wanted to go to the Louisville Slugger factory. You can special order a Louisville Slugger official bat with your name on it.

http://www.sluggergifts.com/c-7-Design-Your-Own-Bat.aspx

kc9ojn
06-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Reserve American can give you the sizes Of the sights at Big Bone . We are going down on Jan 30. staying till the 5th and the on to Turkey run area.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Beekeeper
06-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. With a August trip to North Carolina falling thru last week, we decided maybe Kentucky would be nice. Most of the popular campgrounds are booked, so we instead are going back to the Eureka Springs, AR area. We booked a nice spot on Beaver Lake.......but we are still going to book something for fall in Kentucky.

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to help out! :)

rnkburg
06-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Try recreation.gov for other areas in ky. Green river lake has nice campgrounds, we go to pikes ridge a lot . Green river is about an hour to hour and a half from Louisville

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

CincyGus
06-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Second everyone's suggestions. I'm going to Big Bone lick the 23rd-30th to camp and then going to the Nascar race at KY Speedway from there Saturday.

Green River is nice.

Red River Gorge is beautiful.

Cave Run with camping at ZILPO is nice.

And don't for Ky Horse Park 10 minutes North of Lexington.

All Great places to camp.