PDA

View Full Version : Shower faucet diverter problem

floatflyer
06-06-2013, 07:48 PM
The shower diverter in my Vantage 32FLS suddenly stopped working. If I hold the diverter pin up I can get about 60% flow to the shower head but if I let go the shower just trickles. The unit seems to be a Phoenix two handle bath faucet with diverter and I have ordered a replacement. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what causes it.

kc9ojn
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Never happened in the TT yet but in the house was hard water.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

JRTJH
06-07-2013, 08:04 AM
The shower diverter in my Vantage 32FLS suddenly stopped working. If I hold the diverter pin up I can get about 60% flow to the shower head but if I let go the shower just trickles. The unit seems to be a Phoenix two handle bath faucet with diverter and I have ordered a replacement. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what causes it.

There is a slide plug (usually rubber coated plastic) that slides up to stop faucet flow and divert the water to the showerhead. In your case, you probably have either a broken or a misaligned diverter slide. If there's water flowing out of the faucet and only part is going to the shower, you may be able to reach a finger (or needle nose pliers) into the faucet end and realign it. There are two small channels (grooves) that the diverter slides in. My guess is that one side or possibly both slipped out of the groove and it won't seat well enough to divert all the water.

As a temporary "stopgap" to take showers, you can place something in the faucet end to stop the flowing water, that way all of the pressure will be diverted to the showerhead. If you only use the shower and not the tub, you can take vinyl electrical tape and wrap several layers around the faucet to force all the water up to the shower.

Looks like heck, but at least you get a shower temporarily until the new faucet arrives.

floatflyer
06-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I also saw the thread about shower pressure problems and am going to switch supply hoses to 5/8 and upgrade the pressure regulator. It may not be the big fix but sure can't hurt the overall water supply situation.

SkepticCash
10-19-2018, 07:33 PM
And in 7 years - they still have not upgraded, improved or otherwise fixed the problem with the diverter. It's cheap plastic that slides between two flimsy tabs (both plastic) which after less than one month of use - still quits working.

Solution: buy an RV from a manufacturer that doesn't save 2¢ on the shower diverter even after hundreds of posted complaints of the problem for nearly a decade.

sourdough
10-19-2018, 08:49 PM
And in 7 years - they still have not upgraded, improved or otherwise fixed the problem with the diverter. It's cheap plastic that slides between two flimsy tabs (both plastic) which after less than one month of use - still quits working.

Solution: buy an RV from a manufacturer that doesn't save 2¢ on the shower diverter even after hundreds of posted complaints of the problem for nearly a decade.

And in 7 years where have you been??? If you search this is not a weekly recurring problem. If you search most RV manufacturers are going to be using the same shower diverters. I'm curious; who did you buy from that has the "golden", expensive shower diverter - for the price of an entry level trailer? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

ctbruce
10-20-2018, 04:22 AM
Other than JRTJH, l don't think the others have been on the forum since 2013. And in my time on here, this is the first time I remember this issue coming up. Maybe we'll have something new to discuss this off season besides tires and AC?

chuckster57
10-20-2018, 05:12 AM
Can’t say in 7 years that I have seen one replaced in our shop.

jsmith948
10-20-2018, 05:32 AM
To the background sound of an alarm klaxon:

"WARNING!!...WARNING!!...USER ABUSE!!...USER ABUSE!!" :hide: :D

JRTJH
10-20-2018, 05:32 PM
The only reason I was familiar with the way the slide diverter works is because I had to replace one in my S&B bathroom. I've never had a problem with one in any RV I've owned. So, to say something like, "In 7 years they've never solved the problem" To my knowledge, there's never been a problem with RV diverter faucets..... YMMV.....

As for something to complain about, hell, I'd rather complain about the blue toilet supply line, at least that seems to actually be a verifiable issue..... Again YMMV.....