PDA

View Full Version : Norcold Refrigerator

Lost
06-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Last camping trip I had a issue with our Norcold refrigerator 121x series. The panel on the ref gave a code Ll oP = "the high temp limit switch is open" The ref shut off , would not work on AC or propane and the inside lights inside the ref didn't work. I removed the outside panel to the ref and saw a red LED light on. Luckily my camping neighbor knew of this issue and fixed the problem. When I returned home I research the issue and found that this is a common problem caused by moisture. This made perfect sense to me becaused it worked fine untill I washed the trailer. I must have sprayed water up inside the outside cover. Has anyone else had this issue?

Mighty Ming
06-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Question... How did your camping neighbor fix the problem for you? Plz share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost
06-07-2013, 03:04 AM
On that unit there are two ways. The first is that you can easily bypass the control. The second is to reset the control with a magnet by the LED light. We chose the latter and it worked "bouncey: When I got home I researched this unit online and found the exact same thing he did listed. Hopefully I'll have no more problems (as long as I don't get it wet). Seems like this control should be better protected from moisture issues.

riceman
06-07-2013, 07:09 AM
we had the same problem a few months ago...when it gets too cold and stays that way it will happen again. We took it in and they reset it with the magnet thingy....I find that setting the number on about 5 or 6 - I don't have any problems!!

Mighty Ming
06-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Tks for the hint/trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk