PDA

View Full Version : Cougar flat screen odd problem

WHThayer
06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
2 year old Cougar's Sansui 32" tv is plugged into the campground cable. There are about 40 stations and about 15 of them look great but...no sound!! How is it possible to have good sound on the others and nothing with these? My ancient tv up in the bedroom gets all the stations with all the sound. I've tried taking the CG cable directly to the tv...same result. Anyone ever hear of this before??

hankpage
06-05-2013, 11:37 AM
By " ancient tv" do you mean analog tuner????? If so rescan the new tv and see what happens. You have to rescan new tvs for every new source. :banghead:

kc9ojn
06-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Make sure if your getting cable channels your tv is set to cable. Prob know that but a ez slip up.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Fastback
06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I have had that problem with one of my TV's on my home cable. Program video was great but with no audio. My problem was fixed by pressing the right button on the controller. I can't tell you which one, it was a while back. I found my problem by pressing each button one at a time until I found the problem.

You need to just set you tuner to one of the programs without audio and start pressing buttons. I do remember that it was not in the setup or menu areas.

Hope this helps.

raytronx
06-05-2013, 02:04 PM
2 year old Cougar's Sansui 32" tv is plugged into the campground cable. There are about 40 stations and about 15 of them look great but...no sound!! How is it possible to have good sound on the others and nothing with these? My ancient tv up in the bedroom gets all the stations with all the sound. I've tried taking the CG cable directly to the tv...same result. Anyone ever hear of this before??

Possible your TV is set to a sound mode called SAP stands for Second Audio Programming, usually reserved for second languages, some stations don't use it and also run no sound,

Look for that option in the menus or the remote and see if it is turned on, if it is turn it off.

Post the model number of the TV if you cant locate the feature and I could look up the manual on line and instruct.

Cheers Ray

WHThayer
06-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Many many thanks guys..... It was the SAP choice on the remote. I now have sound and I am once again....a happy camper."bouncey:

crash
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM
We had the same problem in our Raptor our 2nd trip out come to find out by dealer tv was faulty and replaced under warrenty(good thing we had a tv in the garage area the one in the livingroom pretty picture and we had the sound coming out of the garage tv,yes me is a redneck:D):rolleyes: