PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

cvizgo
07-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Just looking for some suggestions on batteries everyone uses on their campers.
I am set up for two batteries, and its time for some new ones. Before I leave next week I'd like to pick some up and replace the old ones I have and just curious what brands people have had success with.

Thanks, Jason

Zepplin Z-241
Silverado 2500HD ext cab long bed 6.0 4x4

Festus2
07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
You will probably get a variety of responses and suggestions but for what it is worth, here are mine: (assuming you are going to stick with having 2 batteries)......

1) Rather than having 2 12v, I would suggest 2 - 6v golf cart type batteries (wired in series).
2) As far as brand is concerned, I am a big fan of Trojan batteries. They cost a little more but are worth it.

6 volt batteries will usually provide you with more amp hours and if you dry camp a lot, it might be a good option. They are also heavier and more costly than 12v.
Like any battery, you need to take care of it but that is another topic.

linebiker
07-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I have had good service out of Deka brand. They offer the "RV" and the true deep cycle types.

campingcpl
07-23-2010, 06:05 AM
We use Interstate and have good luck with them. But I have heard like Festus said that the 6v golf cart batteries are the way to go for prolonged usage.

hoffbrew
07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
I have 4 12v deep cycle batteries from Napa and do not have any problems, but my generator is usually on (dry camping only) for 1 hour in the a.m. and about 2 hours towards evening, sometimes. So my generator juice's them up a bit. I have a solar panel also, but does not seem to work well for 4 batteries, I know i need a bigger one but I am sure it would be the size of a tonneau cover for my truck!!

Seann
07-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Festus has it right.. go with 2 Trojan T-105's and you will NEVER regret it. Unless you abuse them they will last longer than the trailer. Mine outlived my Z-281:D:eek::eek: