PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat or board?

blackty
06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Furnace will not run to maintain temp. After it reaches temp. and shuts off, it will not go back on by itself. I have to turn Dometic digital t-stat off and then back on to cycle. This is the one with only 3 wires (12+, 12- and comm.) Thanks...Jim

f6bits
06-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I've had mine behave in the same way, but it was a low-voltage issue when boondocking. If you can see the control board on the furnace, see if the LED is blinking. If so, do a Google search for "atwood furnace error"

blackty
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. We are hooked up at a permanent site. Cannot see board. The only control part of the furnace that I have direct access to is the snap disc at the heat exchanger that makes sure the circulating fan works. Anything other than that, the furnace has to come out...Jim

f6bits
06-04-2013, 06:43 PM
It looks like in your trailer, the furnace intake is below the fridge. In my trailer, the furnace is just inside the intake. In fact, if it's dark, I could see the red flash of an error code. With the intake grille removed, I get a very good view of the circuit board.

Not so in your Cougar?

blackty
06-09-2013, 06:53 PM
You know, I never thought of that. Just got back from the weekend 2 hours ago. It wasn't cool enough to run the heat. Also wasn't warm enough to run the a/c. If t-stat is the problem, it should probably act up in cooling mode. Before we left I did manage to remember to reset the t-stat(configure). Pg. 2 or 3 in Dometic t-stat manual. I did notice the lcd screen had a rainbow look to it. Maybe it shorted internally? Heading back Thursday evening. Thanks...Jim