PDA

View Full Version : campgounds that allow gas golf carts?

dabadas
06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Looking for campgrounds in North and South Carolina and Virginia that I can take my gas powered golf cart.

crash
06-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Cape Hatteras KOA,Myrtle Beach KOA,Lake gaston The club,Weston Lake Military campground in Columbia Sc.,

dabadas
08-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Green Mountain in Lenoir N.C.

Jim W
08-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Looking for campgrounds in North and South Carolina and Virginia that I can take my gas powered golf cart.

WHY!!!!!!!! They should be band from all campgrounds.

Just my very very humble opinion.

But sitting under the canopy and enjoying the peace and quiet all of a sudden out of now where a very noise golf cart goes speeding buy.

What happen to camping????

Jim W.

SAABDOCTOR
08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
As with the campground we stay at. Rules are 5 mph and in modified factory exhaust. "bouncey:

maxx1963
08-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Sounds like someone needs a golf cart!!
Look at our trailers? Is this really camping???

Essness
08-28-2013, 02:52 PM
WHY!!!!!!!! They should be band from all campgrounds.

Just my very very humble opinion.

But sitting under the canopy and enjoying the peace and quiet all of a sudden out of now where a very noise golf cart goes speeding buy.

What happen to camping????

Jim W.

Perhaps starting your own thread, "campgrounds that don't allow golf carts" is the way you should approach it? I'd still rather hear a golf cart than a big ole diesel truck. As long as we're sharing humble opinions:)

lorax614
08-28-2013, 04:01 PM
We recently stayed at Lakeridge RV Resort in Hillsville Va. Golfcarts all over the place, they even had them for rent. Everyone operating them was behaving as you would hope them to, we were not bothered by them at all. More than I can say about the Freightliner 5er that pulled into a different cg @ 2 in the morning with the squeekiest air brakes known to man.:banghead:

B&T
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
It's good that we all have choices :) -- can stay at a campground that allows golf carts or not stay there.

Briarcliffe Rv Resort, North Myrtle Beach for one, --> I suspect most of the CG in the Myrtle beach allow them -- just works well with the area -- should check with any CG you are planning on visiting -- to avoid unpleasant surprises.

ctpd814
08-29-2013, 05:28 AM
In the cg where we have a seasonal site, golf carts are a matter of practicality. Where many of the seasonal sites are located, it is over a 1/4 mile to the camp store or the trash dumpsters. To me it makes much more sense to use a golf cart to take the trash to the dumpster than fire up my diesel dually and rumble through the cg.

Jim W
08-29-2013, 07:10 AM
In the cg where we have a seasonal site, golf carts are a matter of practicality. Where many of the seasonal sites are located, it is over a 1/4 mile to the camp store or the trash dumpsters. To me it makes much more sense to use a golf cart to take the trash to the dumpster than fire up my diesel dually and rumble through the cg.

What's wrong with walking to the dumpster or to the store. Come on a 1/4 mile is nothing to walk, that only 1,320 feet. I do this all the time and I am only 64 years young.

Jim W

Essness
08-29-2013, 07:42 AM
What's wrong with walking to the dumpster or to the store. Come on a 1/4 mile is nothing to walk, that only 1,320 feet. I do this all the time and I am only 64 years young.

Jim W

I guess that begs the question, what's wrong with camping in a tent?

Festus2
08-29-2013, 08:06 AM
It always amazes me how a seemingly non-controversial topic can fairly quickly and easily become such a "hot" issue. :confused: It seems like this thread is heading off in the wrong direction and not one that was intended by the OP when he first asked the question "which campgrounds allow gas-powered golf carts?"

If you need to pick up a quart of milk at the store or take your garbage to the dumpster, walk, run, ride a bike, scooter, golf cart, drive a truck,... whatever .. just do it. Does it really matter?

If you want to camp under the stars, in a tent, a pop-up, TT or 5th wheel.... whatever... just do it.

Can we get back on track here? Thanks. :banghead:

ctpd814
08-29-2013, 10:36 AM
My apologies to the OP.

Essness
08-29-2013, 05:42 PM
My apologies to the OP.

And mine as well.

I could certainly help if you were looking into the Wisconsin/Illinois area.
We travel with a gas golf cart (one of three) every where we go. We generally go for shows and events that feature golf carts.
We have been as far as Georgia in the southeast, Texas in the South, and Washington in the west.
And we always appreciate the campgrounds that host these events.

billb800si
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Recently stayed at Hidden Ridge RV Resort in Hopkins, Michigan. They had so many golf carts riding around that the kids had to dodge them constantly. People just going for joy rides.
Never again!! We'll stay at resorts that don't have paved roads or no golf carts. Constant traffic.
Happy trails,