PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy camper!!!

micar
06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Picked up our new 333mks on Thursday and already not happy, first we notice the couch has been pulled out of the wall leaving big holes in the paneling. Today it rained hard but not monsoon rain by any means and the living room slide leaks like a sieve!!!!!!! The trailer is perfectly level and the gasket on the top of the slide is in the correct position.
Don't understand where the water is coming from...Wish I could post the video i took of the water coming in.
Mike

labs4life
06-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Did you order the unit? If not, did you notice any water when you looked at it, must have happened since then. When you PDI, did you see the holes that the couch made?? I would be calling my dealer and see what they have to say.
Hopefully you get it fixed soon and can enjoy!!

micar
06-02-2013, 04:06 AM
we didn't notice water when we looked at the trailer. Which is strange because it was on the lot with the slides out. The holes in the wall weren't there when we looked at the trailer initially....must have happened sometime in the 2 weeks between purchase and pick up. If anyone knows how to post a video let me know and I can show exactly how much water was coming in.The trim around the slide is now warped and the doors to the cabinet above the couch no longer close!!!!
Mike

tileman
06-02-2013, 04:16 AM
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57924

http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube

labs4life
06-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Sounds like something happened at the dealers lot and they forgot to tell you about it or fix it. I, personally, feel this happens a lot and the problem gets thrown off on Keystone. I do believe Keystone has there share of problems, but from what I have seen and read, not as many as other manufacturers.

Have you looked on top of the slides to see if you can locate any damage. Take pics and also document the damage from the couch. Get in contact with the dealer and explain the situation. Now Keystone will have to pay for what was probably a dealer employees screw up. Oh well, ways of the world I guess.

Good luck and keep us informed of how things go for you.

micar
06-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Here is a picture of the water dripping in along the front edge of the slide and another of the top of the slide showing the seal.
Mike

micar
06-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Raining cats and dogs here right now....I ran the slide in last night and no water intrusion today so I am thinking water must be coming in under the slide seal.
Mike

SoGaDually
06-02-2013, 05:50 PM
When you put the slide out did you check at the very top corners to make sure the rubber seal were folded out correctly? The two side rubber seals should be laying outward and flat, the top rubber seal should be laying flat over top both of the side seals. You can check this while putting the slide out. Once your slide is out about 3/4 of the way stop and check both top corners to make sure the seals are laying correctly. We had a travel trailer years ago that we always had to make sure the rubber seal folded out correctly.

micar
06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Did not check the seals. Called the dealership today and spoke to service, she watched the video i took of the water pouring in and told us to bring the trailer in ASAP, she also forwarded the video to Keystone....So not so happy with the trailer but happy with the dealer service dept....so far.
Mike

SkiSmuggs
06-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Picked up our new 333mks on Thursday and already not happy, first we notice the couch has been pulled out of the wall leaving big holes in the paneling. Today it rained hard but not monsoon rain by any means and the living room slide leaks like a sieve!!!!!!! The trailer is perfectly level and the gasket on the top of the slide is in the correct position.
Don't understand where the water is coming from...Wish I could post the video i took of the water coming in.
Mike
Check for your ceiling speaker covers. We had one come off over the bedroom slider and our bed got soaked when it held the outer seal open. A couple of days ago when checking the slides for debris, I found the living room slide seal propped open by a speaker cover. They come off from road vibration.

micar
06-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Dropped the trailer at the dealer today....Looks like the roof of the slide may have been installed the wrong way??? Leaving a large dip in the centre for the water to pool and run in under the seals!!! Found a few other little fit and finish things that need to be addressed, like miss fitting/loose trim and no caulk at the bottom of the shower door leading to a big leak!! Service rep at dealer assures us this will all be taken care of....so now we wait to get it back!!
Mike

fred1609
06-18-2013, 07:04 PM
if there's a dip in the middle of the slide....how would you fix it?.....Push it up?........that sounds like a construction failure.....

dankent
06-19-2013, 04:44 AM
eek ... have to keep my eyes open for these items on mine when it comes in.

micar
06-19-2013, 02:51 PM
I am interested to find out what they did as well, picking it up on the 26th. Will update when I know.
Mike

micar
06-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Picked up the trailer on Wednesday and took it straight to the campground for the long weekend. Service rep states that a piece of the slide seal was not installed and this is where the water was coming in?? Also no caulk along the back side of the valance. As for the roof being dipped in the Center ? Optical illusion?? Poured rain on Thursday night with not a drop inside, so leak fixed. They re-attached some loose trim and caulked the base of the shower.
However on the way to the campground noticed the door side propane door flapping in the breeze at 100 kmh!! Apparantely the latches don't have enough bite on the trim edge and the air rushing up underneath at hwy speed is enough to force it open. Thank goodness for duct tape!! So hopefully there is an adjustment to solve this problem.
Mike.

byrdr1
07-01-2013, 09:53 AM
However on the way to the campground noticed the door side propane door flapping in the breeze at 100 kmh!! Apparantely the latches don't have enough bite on the trim edge and the air rushing up underneath at hwy speed is enough to force it open. Thank goodness for duct tape!! So hopefully there is an adjustment to solve this problem.
Mike.
YOu can bend/move the propane latches/inside metal tabs to make them tight. LOOK at them opened and see as you move the latch handle that metal tab on the back side can be moved by bending it. Same thing if you have keyed lock that is tight or lose. just bend it carefully and it should work fine. Make sure door hinges are on the front edge and the latches are on the trailing side of the camper.
randy

micar
07-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks byrdr1
Tweaked the latches a tiny bit and used a little persuasion on the hinge to move the door more central in the opening and voila problem solved.....at least while we are sitting still.
Mike

dave-g
07-07-2013, 02:23 AM
you can also buy different length latches- ck a hardware store getting one 1/4 in longer may solve your problem for good.

Bushman512000
07-24-2013, 05:35 AM
I bought a camper from the dealer in Hamilton Ont. what a rip off they are and they called them self a dealer. Out door bull I call them stay a far away as You can from them ...Bushman...:D