PDA

View Full Version : Seeking suggestions for trip to the Texas coast

mdnbp
05-30-2013, 08:21 PM
We'll be traveling through the Texas coast area heading eastward to Florida and would appreciate any suggestions of wonderful places to stay. We have a 38 foot fifth wheel (3750FL) with five slide outs, therefore we need a semi-wide spot.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, it's greatly appreciated.

michol02
05-31-2013, 01:47 AM
Galveston Island State Park. It's next to the beach(levee separates it) and almost all sites have plenty of room on either side. If its full, try Bayou Shores. The sites are slightly smaller, but the view of the Offatts Bayou is nice. There's a few other nice campgrounds in the Galveston area. It may be hard to find a vacancy on a weekend. Happy camping. "bouncey:

Bugle Boy
05-31-2013, 04:55 AM
We stayed here for 3 days in Oct. 2010. Beautiful park on the bay. Go just a few miles south and you can tour the Battleship USS Texas, a fantastic and heroic vessel.

http://sjriverfrontrvresort.com/

wgb1
05-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Sandpiper RV Resort in Galveston is really nice. Right behind Stewart Beach, easy beach access, infinity pool, hot tub, fire pit and live music many weekends. Large level all concrete sites with full hookups and cable, WiFi. I love it, but it has become a little pricey for cheapo me. There is also Dellenera on the opposite end of the seawall. A little less nice than Sandpiper, but right at the beach with full hook-ups. As stated, the is Galveston Island State Park about 5 - 6 miles west of G-town, easy beach access, not many amenities. Jamaica Beach RV resort very near GISP. I have never been there, but it's across the highway from the beach.

Also, Quintana Beach County Park near Freeport. Nice, not crowded with easy beach access, but very industrial setting with refineries all around. Still a nice place.

My vote is Sandpiper if in the Galveston area. Love it and it's so convenient to all in Galveston.

wgb1
05-31-2013, 04:35 PM
(levee separates it)

Well, it's not exactly a levee. It's the sand dunes. LOL