PDA

View Full Version : How to hook up drain line permanently

mecfd67
05-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi all first off having a blast in my 2012 Cougar 322QBS. I have it on a permanent site in a beautiful campground with a lake view. I would like to hook up the drains to the sewer permanently. Is the a fitting to place on the line at the drains that can be held in place by the factory tabs. And then regular pipe glued from there on. I would like to be able to remove if necessary without cutting it off or doping damage to factory pipes. Thanks for any help you guys can be in this modification

Javi
05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Yes... I bought mine for another purpose but you can find a 3" female quick connect to 3" male slip fitting at larger RV centers...

PerryB
05-29-2013, 03:06 PM
One thing to consider is that you DON'T want to leave the black tank open all the time. You'll end up with a stacking issue in which the solids(to put it politely)and paper will stick to the bottom of the tank and only the liquids run out. Soon this unholy heap will build up to the bottom of the toilet and you'll have a back-up into the bowl. You want to start out with about 5 gals. of fresh water in the black tank for splashdown/dispersment, and drain it as needed. Replace the 5 gals. after each draining.

hankaye
05-29-2013, 04:37 PM
mecfd67, Howdy;

Did the same thing when I was parked in Utah.
Check this stuff out and look thru the rest of the pages.
Valterra (I has no dog in this fight), has a lot of useful
things to use.
http://www.valterra.com/rv/rv-main.htm
I used 3" Black PVC pipe and installed a Fernco
straight slip coupling ( http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/flexible-couplings )
so I could adjust angles ect. and when you have both ends secured it's nice to have a way to 'break' into the system if need be.

Just my nickel minus 3 pennies worth...

hankaye

mecfd67
05-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks all for the information. Now back to our normally scheduled camping. "bouncey:

3P'sInACougar
05-30-2013, 07:45 AM
I would make one joint with a fitting called a fernco. Which is a rubber coupling with hose clamps on each end. That u tighten on the 4 in pipe. This way u have a little give an can separate the longer sections for winter storage. Just my 2 ct worth. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikell
05-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Some will tell yo not to leave the valves open but it's really not an issue just use lots of water. Were in our 3rd summer and no problems. Standard plumbing drain with an adapter from Wal Mart and cut the locks off it. Glued together and run a hose down the toilet every month when it's not freezing out

Comptech
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Ditto,
We had a trailer on a site and I would leave the valve open year round because it was skirted. I would just use a PVC pipe custom made to fit down the Poop Shoot :D:D and wash everything out once a week or so...
Some will tell yo not to leave the valves open but it's really not an issue just use lots of water. Were in our 3rd summer and no problems. Standard plumbing drain with an adapter from Wal Mart and cut the locks off it. Glued together and run a hose down the toilet every month when it's not freezing out