PDA

View Full Version : A/C filter

riceman
05-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Just wondering if y'all keep the factory filter in the a/c, or has anyone put in a tighter mesh filter? I know a tighter one would probably restrict air flow...
The factory filter just lets more dust thru.

CincyGus
05-28-2013, 06:45 AM
Mine is just a spongy material that gets rinsed off on occassion, let dry and then reinstall. Usually do it once in the spring, once in the summer and when I put it to bed for the winter.

I would be afraid of putting in anything more restrictive and causing back pressure. I've not been unhappy with the filtering it has done.

riceman
05-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Mine is just a spongy material that gets rinsed off on occassion, let dry and then reinstall. Usually do it once in the spring, once in the summer and when I put it to bed for the winter.

I would be afraid of putting in anything more restrictive and causing back pressure. I've not been unhappy with the filtering it has done.

Thanks, ours is the same thing, just thin, and figured that if it was thicker that it would restrict air flow.

michol02
05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
I clean mine about once a month, and its fairly dirty every time. I keep it set at 80 degrees when not camping. Heat and humidity does nasty things to a camper.:eek:

SoGaDually
06-16-2013, 04:51 AM
I replace my A/C Filters with a Mess Type that you can get at any Big Box Store. The Factory Filters get hard over time and start crumbing and falling apart. Also the Sponge Type Filter to me does not filter very well...
The mess type last longer and you just cut to fit....
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_82764_0_8f30896f6d8bcb063a848af8c4fae97a.jpg[/URL]

f6bits
06-16-2013, 05:46 AM
What's "Mess Type?" I see the picture, but can't figure out why it's called "Mess." It does look like a good filter. The stock one doesn't even seem to fill the opening that well.

Javi
06-16-2013, 06:07 AM
Mesh...:D "bouncey:

SoGaDually
06-16-2013, 03:57 PM
What's "Mess Type?" I see the picture, but can't figure out why it's called "Mess." It does look like a good filter. The stock one doesn't even seem to fill the opening that well.

"Spell check"...Sometime it's good and sometimes not..Yes the correct word is Mesh Types