PDA

View Full Version : a couple mods for the year

maxx1963
05-27-2013, 03:37 PM
FIrst i cant stand having the electric switch for the water heater on the water heater itself and the propane switch in the bathroom. so i found this atwood dual switch for $10. I installed it in the bathroom and ran the wires down the wall to the heater switch. used it for the first time this weekend, how convenient!!

Second i put on these long led amber colored lights under the steps. the factory only has one on the front door, I ran the wires back and put one on both doors. they also match my taillights.

No pics at the moment, but I bought a nice kitchen faucet at costco and installed it and put a big culligan filter on the cold side so we dont have to carry bottled water anymore.

Jim Dow
05-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Where did you find the long LED amber lights?
Where did you tie into the electrical system to power them?

I would like to do this for my 2011 Montana High Country which has no step lights - at the moment.

raytronx
05-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Nice mods , thanks for sharing.

maxx1963
05-28-2013, 06:18 AM
I had an existing marker light under the front step only with a switch inside, that is the circut i used. If you have a marker light by your dump staion or any under your trailer use the circut. or you could tap into your porch light.
I bought the led lights off ebay, They have a bright and dim setting, I put them on bright. I think they are supposed to be turn signals.