PDA

View Full Version : Outside kitchen drain

Laredo60
05-25-2013, 07:39 AM
I know there have been some discussion on this subject. But I have not seen anything about the Laredo 303tg outside drain in sink on a 2013. Does this drain into the black tank or the gray tank? Anybody figure this out yet? Thanks for the help. I am hoping it's the gray tank but with the coroblast in the way I cannot trace it:( hope everyone camping this week end are having a great time.

hankpage
05-25-2013, 07:49 AM
After you dump ... leave the gray tank valve open and run the outside sink. If the sink is going there you will see it. I'm guessing they used the closest tank.

Laredo60
05-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks Hank I will give it a try as soon as tank is full. I hope it's the gray tank , but I have a feeling it's the black tank. Not a very nice smell from the drain:(. Kinda discusting actually to have it in the black tank for a sink if u ask me.

hankpage
05-25-2013, 08:50 AM
If it does drain to the black, there should be some form of check or mechanical valve to prevent what you mention. A simple p-trap will not work when trailer is in motion. This valve may not be working and may need to be replaced. There have been other posts about this but I don't remember the outcome. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1587 Hank

Puck_Nutz
06-03-2013, 10:22 AM
I didn't drain the black tank in a timely manner this past weekend on my 303tg :eek:and sure enough the outside kitchen sink was the first drain to back up...well, it didn't "back up" due to the trap, but it didn't drain until I pulled the black handle. Thankfully that's the lowest point for any type of backup to occur, so it's a bit of an early warning system.

I actually do like that it drains to the black water tank....doing dishes outside, it does allow for some extra "soapy" water to mix in there with the solids, as others have pointed out.