PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new Fuzion 342

bjbatman
05-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Picked up my new Fuzion 342 Monday. So far still cant stop smiling and showing it off. That being said first day the front landing gear sprung a HYD leak. Glad we where only 30 miles away on our 3900 mile drive home. Lakeshore RV fixed it right away and we were back on the road. Now that I have had a few days with it I have discovered a few small things that if I were King of keystone for a day i would change.

Put door locks on the bathroom and bedroom doors

Way to many keys (Common locks would be nice)

Hot water heater propane switch in bathroom and electric switch on water heater (I would put both switches on control panel)

Move 2nd awning switch to control panel.

Be able to turn radio off.

Battery disconnect should really disconnect battery.

A way to know or select your power source. For example if shore power plugged into standard 110 outlet and I decided to start the generator to power up the ACs it would be nice to be able to select the power source.

Other than those small things I can not stop smiling.

Festus2
05-24-2013, 09:04 PM
:wlcm: to the forum and I hope your wish to be "King of Keystone" for a day ( or longer) comes true. Others have also commented on many of the same changes that appear on your list. The items all seem so obvious, don't they?

I hope you continue to enjoy your new RV - despite these shortcomings.

Fullcurl
05-25-2013, 05:48 AM
I find the remote control for both awnings is great as you can be outside/inside/under it or away from it when you operate it and observe any issues with the operation of it. Fuzion 375.

BeaverRZR
05-27-2013, 08:14 AM
The radio thing was driving me crazy as well but if you hold the Mode button for 2 or 3 seconds it shuts off

As for the keys, i noticed they are all numbered and on mine, the numbers work there way up from the rear of the trailer to the front. 100series, 300 series, etc. I just put them on the key ring in sequence and that has seemed to eliminate a little of the confusion. Especially for the wife :p

dogger
05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Glad I am not the only one that shakes my head at some of this. But we are very pleased with our trailer also. Looking forward to many days spent in it this summer.

bjbatman
06-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Can't seem to get heat into the garage of my fuzion 342.

tomsws6
06-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Congrats! UH, what lakeshore rv did you get it from? 3900mile drive home?? thats crazy and something I would totally do!!;)

maxx1963
06-11-2013, 06:21 AM
I bought a new door handle off ebay that had matching # to my garage door, now both doors use same key. took about 10 minutes and well worth the $30.

I put in a atwood electric/propane hot water switch in my bathroom replacing just the propane switch, ran the electric wires down the wall into my storage compartment behind the carpeted walls and connected them to the switch on the hot water heater. wow is that way more convenient than opening the hot water access every time! cost$10 on ebay.

kenhillwa
06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't understand why there are two different outdoor keys, since the door from the garage to the living area does not lock.

maxx1963
06-12-2013, 11:27 AM
my sliding glass door does lock.

bjbatman
06-12-2013, 05:39 PM
lakeshore RV in Michigan. Like the idea about buying a new door handle with matching lock.