PDA

View Full Version : Changing the decor a bit

TheBeans
05-24-2013, 02:52 PM
As most of you know, the interior’s fabric & overall décor of almost all rigs is basic Dirt Brown. While I understand the logic behind using Dirt Brown for campers, there is no way that this color makes for happiness when you are in there during the cold, wet, gray trips that inevitably happen out here. Many of you may not care, but it mattered to me. A lot! So, last year I put in some pops of color over the brown and sewed some bright tomato-red panels on top of the existing curtains and made a few matching pillows. It wasn’t much, but the warmth of the red made it a bit cozier in there.

Fast forward to this year, after we got the Bean Pod home from the repair shop (had plumbing problem, covered under warranty) I was cleaning out the inside and I noticed that the red color wasn’t doing much to raise my spirits while the sun was outside shining. I sat down, looked around and sighed....and mumbled that I wish I was camping at the ocean at that very moment, as that is our favorite camping place. Then I smirked and said that the Pod is essentially the only beach house we will ever own and how nice that we could tow our beach house up and down the entire west coast if we wanted to! And that is when a lightbulb went off over my head!

I decided then and there that some more color-changing was in order. And a slight change of décor. And it was more than time to toss out the old excuse for a “mattress” that came standard with The Pod and get a real mattress. And I wanted all of this to go along with how I feel when we camp at the beach.

So, I’ve been working on the theme/color-change/décor of the Pod to make it more beach-house-like and I am really pleased with the final result. It’s bright, cheery, summer-like, beach-like, has some new décor and best of all, it lessens the overall Dirt Brown that still prevails inside. It’s a much happier feel in there now.

So, here is a link to the photos I took as I went along. If you click on the pictures they will get larger and you can see the captions I put beneath each of them---provided you don't opt to view them in Slideshow style. Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/108781678513800785041/BeanPodMods?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjVnp-C9M-TZQ&feat=email#

f6bits
05-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Awesome! That's what mine is missing…wall decorations.

I've already gotten a new mattress, but it's still a little off the mark. Next time around, I'll get a full-height one, but it has to be Short Queen. And then get better bed coverings. Someone else here got a nice comforter and pillow shams and really livened up the master bedroom.

michol02
05-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Nice, that really makes it look homey.

KanTC
05-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Very nice job Wendy... you did good! "bouncey:

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

richf28
05-25-2013, 02:20 AM
I like a decor with a theme. Yours looks great. Our son did his in a Jack Daniels theme. Since he is single he manned his up and got rid of the flowers. Changed the wallpaper border, had vinyl graphics made for over the flowery etched mirrors, had a new mirror made, changed the cupboard handles, and made his own night light. He continues to add to it. Only problem...it's not a Keystone camper.

Lost
05-25-2013, 04:18 AM
Simple things can make a big differance. My wife put very bright colorful flowers in old coffee pot and vases throughout our 5th wheel and it looks great.

TheBeans
05-25-2013, 08:16 PM
I was more amazed than I can say at the different feel the interior had when I was all done with it. The colors made it lighter inside, despite the Dirt Brown underlying color scheme. The signs on the wall and new bedding just made it feel very homey. Thank you everyone for the feedback! "bouncey:

Rich, I love your son's Jack Daniels light! :)