PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermaid fast track?

erjs05
05-23-2013, 04:23 AM
I've tried the search forum to find the rubbermaid fast track storage system some one installed in their storage compartment but couldn't find it. I wanted to know how it was secured to the frame, I really liked that mod and would like to copy it. Thanks for your help.

SteveC7010
05-23-2013, 04:49 AM
I've tried the search forum to find the rubbermaid fast track storage system some one installed in their storage compartment but couldn't find it. I wanted to know how it was secured to the frame, I really liked that mod and would like to copy it. Thanks for your help.
I just used the search function with the key work rubbermaid and found only 22 threads that contained that word. This one is probably what you are looking for: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5402&highlight=rubbermaid

I encourage you to experiment with the search function a bit more.

erjs05
05-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the help, I see self tapping screws were used, was wondering how rivets would work or would most stick to the screws. Really nice mod though, they make all kinds of hanging hooks etc, even hanging baskets.

CincyGus
05-24-2013, 08:10 AM
I used the fast track in my front storage, just to get a couple hooks in there for long straight items and powercords. I used self tapping screws (I believe 1 1/4") to get good bites into the aluminum studs. I also had to drill the track in a couple places to get a second screw in it.

Has been a very sturdy mount without issue. The baskets are nice, Just have not gotten around to picking a couple up.

erjs05
05-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I used the fast track in my front storage, just to get a couple hooks in there for long straight items and powercords. I used self tapping screws (I believe 1 1/4") to get good bites into the aluminum studs. I also had to drill the track in a couple places to get a second screw in it.

Has been a very sturdy mount without issue. The baskets are nice, Just have not gotten around to picking a couple up.

I love that mod and can't wait to do it, you can really get alot of stuff off the floor and keep them from bouncing around. I want to run them the length of the storage compartment.

CincyGus
05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm getting ready to buy some PVC and mount them on a couple of the hooks to store fishing pole on. The main reason I liked the Fast track is it is so adaptable and easily changed out, depending on what you want to use it for.

Fishing trip, put a couple of the hooks with so pipe in them to protect your rods.

Need a place to store your cords and hoses, adjust as needed.

Want some baskets, hook them in.

As quickly as you can make up your mind on what you will be doing the next trip, you can modify which type of hangers you want to use.