PDA

View Full Version : Which Stabilizer JT'S or Ultra-Fab Eliminator

concours
05-22-2013, 04:43 PM
I need to purchase stabilizer bars and undecided between JT's and Ultra-Fab Eliminator I think it's just down to price and ease of install, I need some feedback from those who have purchased and used them, we live in BC Canada so we know they will be expensive. (BC stands for Bring Cash)

labs4life
05-22-2013, 04:59 PM
I looked at those as well as steady fast....and I went with steady fast. Paul is the owner and was quick to responds to the couple questions I had. I also was missing 3 lock nuts (that were not necessary immediately) they sent them right out. No questions asked.

I have a 35'8" TT and the shaking was worse than our old 28' TT. We have been very pleased with the system and it is easy to setup and breakdown!! Look up steady fast on you tube and you will see Paul explain it. He is the owner.

TandE
05-22-2013, 05:14 PM
I made my own cause I was bored and wanted a project. I was surprised at how well it works even with only two bars, one in front and one in rear.

But if I were to buy one it probably would have been steady fast.

SteveC7010
05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I need to purchase stabilizer bars and undecided between JT's and Ultra-Fab Eliminator I think it's just down to price and ease of install, I need some feedback from those who have purchased and used them, we live in BC Canada so we know they will be expensive. (BC stands for Bring Cash)
A couple of comments....

First, don't overlook SteadyFast. A lot of us have that one and are very happy with it. If you want more info, search on steadyfast or strong arm - lots of reports from lots of happy folks.

I picked the SteadyFast because of the fantastic customer service before, during, and after the sale. Can't say enough good things about how they do business.

sphack
05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
And don't be daunted by my steadyfast post for I couldn't choose a more involved installation. The front two went on in about an hour.

SteveC7010
05-22-2013, 06:24 PM
And don't be daunted by my steadyfast post for I couldn't choose a more involved installation. The front two went on in about an hour.
One of the things I noticed when studying the choices was that any of them could pose a unique and difficult challenge depending on where it was to be installed. I spent a lot of time on the rear SteadyFast bar installation because it involved working with and around the framing and mounts for the slideout tray on the rear of the Cougar. The two front bars were exquisitely easy.

GMcKenzie
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I made my own cause I was bored and wanted a project. I was surprised at how well it works even with only two bars, one in front and one in rear.

But if I were to buy one it probably would have been steady fast.

Can you post a picture of them? Like the OP, not keen on paying retail up here.

TandE
05-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Can you post a picture of them? Like the OP, not keen on paying retail up here.

No problem. I pick it up from storage today for the weekend I will snap a couple either today or when I have it setup this weekend and post it.

B&T
05-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Photos of my cheapskate stabilizer system are posted here:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=64825&postcount=19

TandE
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Photos of my cheapskate stabilizer system are posted here:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=64825&postcount=19

Mine is very similar to yours but without the use of c clamps. I may have spent $25-$30 on mine. Same electrical conduit but I bolted it to the jack foot like you but used a 4" bolt through the frame where I used chain link fencing clamps with a wing nut to tighten it up. To make it grippy I wraped skid tape around the conduit and inside the clamp to grab more.

I also put a nyloc nut on the bottom of the bolt to keep the wing nut from falling off.

BlindGuyNAR
05-23-2013, 01:01 PM

I went with JT, but steadyfast wouldve't been a better choice for me in retrospect.

I had to relocate my gas line as it ran under and along one of the frame rails. I could have avoided the relocation by going with steadyfast since only one frame rail is required. I'm also having issue installing back ones due to dump valve location and the support beam being forward the jacks instead of behind. Again would not have been an issue with steadyfast.

My advice is to look at install instructions for each system and plan each one by looking for interference/complication issues on your trailer. Choose after that since they'll all accomplish the same thing.

Milehi
05-23-2013, 01:19 PM
I had considered one of these but went with the X-chocks instead. They stop all of the rocking of the trailer, even with three or 4 kids bouncing around in there. Got them On sale at camping world, 2 for $60.00 +s&h

SteveC7010
05-23-2013, 01:33 PM
I had considered one of these but went with the X-chocks instead. They stop all of the rocking of the trailer, even with three or 4 kids bouncing around in there. Got them On sale at camping world, 2 for $60.00 +s&h
In some cases, wheel chocks alone will solve most of the problem.

I consider chocks to be essential, regardless of existing motion issues. Their primary purpose is to insure that the trailer can't roll or rock based on movement of the wheels and tires. And they are the only thing that will properly and adequately prevent the trailer from rolling away on a sloped campsite.

For some rigs, the added stabilizers are still needed. There are forces at work that simply chocking the wheels can not control.

therink
05-23-2013, 01:47 PM
I bought and installed a set of BAL stabilizers for the landing gear and they work excellent. No movement whatever. . I ditched then tripod. They were a breeze to install and cost $89. In will be getting a set for the rear scissor jacks soon.

hankpage
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I bought and installed a set of BAL stabilizers for the landing gear and they work excellent. No movement whatever. . I ditched then tripod. They were a breeze to install and cost $89. In will be getting a set for the rear scissor jacks soon.

X2 on the BAL Lock-Arms :thumbsup:

TandE
05-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Ok here's a couple pictures of what I did. Hopefully they are big enough if not let me know I will redo them.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/uqy5yqyp.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/aju8u8um.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/y4e2y2u3.jpg

B&T
05-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Nice work, looks good! :)

Aklak
05-24-2013, 04:42 PM
I live in Alberta and went with the Steady Fast system on a Fuzion 405. Just installed it without any issues and the difference is night and day. The only complaint I have is that they use UPS to ship to Canada, and their (UPS) brokerage fees are outrageous! - added another $80 to the shipping cost. Other than that I would highly recommend this system. If I did it again, I would most certainly go back to Steady Fast!!

concours
05-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanks for all the input I ordered the Ultra Fab Eliminator thru a local company that gave me a good deal with no outrageous UPS charges to Canada. Should have them installed next weekend(tx)

diugo
05-25-2013, 08:09 AM
At $67 for two arms (with free shipping from Amazon) the BAL lock arms are certainly priced a lot better than those $300 systems. I really like that you add arms just two at a time---why get six when two may be enough for your needs?

GMcKenzie
05-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks for all the input I ordered the Ultra Fab Eliminator thru a local company that gave me a good deal with no outrageous UPS charges to Canada. Should have them installed next weekend(tx)

Be interested in a look when you get them installed. Also, where did you get them?

concours
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM
I will let you know how they work out there is a bit of extra work to do on the rears as the bumper slide is in the way but I plan to add an extra cross bar between the rear jacks.

Dhuhn
05-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I just ordered the steady fast for our 5er. Should get it by end of the week. I went with them because they looked easy to set up. And did the same job as others.

concours
06-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I installed the Ultra Fab Eliminators today and very pleased with the results, I had to make up an extra rear x member for the rear as the slide out bike rack was in the way the whole thing took about 4 1/2 hours but well worth the time, the kit has all the needed parts except for the extra x member I also added a drop of thread locker to nylock nuts just to give some added insurance. I would well recommend this upgrade:)

tundraman67
06-05-2013, 04:03 AM
I have Strongarms - for me it came down to price also, really it was how much the DW would let me spend...lol. They were easy to install and work as advertised and the DW is now happy.:)

audio1der
06-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Because of our spread axles I struggle to think that extenda-chock (bal-x?) chocks would help eliminate our bounce/rock. But $300+ ($400+ with shipping and brokerage) is a lot to dish out.
Has anyone tried extended bal-x/chocks and then steadyfast/strongarm stabilizers to be able to quantify the differences/benefits?

concours
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
I had X Chocks for our 26foot TT but they didn't do a good job on the 331MKS they did help but did not do the job. I tried the X Chocks and just the front stabilisers and the trailer was solid but seen as I had the full six bar kit I put them all on. I will continue to use the X Chocks with the stabilisers if we are on any kind of an incline

Dutch & Di
06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
We have been extremely happy with the stabilizers we have used for over 7 years of fulltime use. Di

Clanton24v
06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Steadyfast is what I went with And I couldn't be happier with it.

f6bits
11-16-2013, 08:36 PM
I went the cheap route for the rear, stealing some ideas from here. Hammered and drilled one end of conduit to mount to the foot of one stabilizer jack. Used a grounding clamp I found at Home Depot mounted to a stiff hinge. I wrapped that end with some grip tape for stairs. Less than $20 total. I added the Zipties for safety in case the pipe works loose while driving.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/609598/trailer/stabilize1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/609598/trailer/stabilize2.jpg

I'll probably install BAL up front if I find them for cheap, but may try another cheap setup if I have time to kill.

Jim7411
11-29-2013, 05:15 PM
I agree with those other folks, Steady Fast is the way to go. Great product, great service. I had them on my Bullet TT, and when I sold it I removed them and put them on the Laredo. Easy install and they really work!