PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install a electric tongue jack with new cougar X-lite nose

koda13
05-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Taking delivery of a 2014 Cougar X-Lite 31SQB with the new aerodynamic nose cone. I want to install an electric tongue jack immediately. Has anyone installed one on this particular unit? Looking for recommendation on a model that has good clearance, doesn't have to be rotated, and can be manually cranked without interference to the nose piece.

Thanks!

LiteFoot
05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
In case no one chimes in on that exact unit-

I've not installed one on that exact model, but have on a V-nose 29rev Xlite which has literally about 1 inch of clearance between the old manual jack & the nose of the trailer. The Barker VIP 3500 fit fine. The manual mechanism is on top of the unit and comes with a hand crank that will need about 6" of room in front & behind the jack in order to turn. I don't have enough space to use it, but you might. I'm going to cut mine short & use it in a drill attachment.

Ryan

UsTwo
05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't have that exact model.. But do have a 2013 Cougar X-Lite 31 RKS
They nose looks the same ...I did some researce and installed a Bulldog 3500# Elec jack.. Works great.. Only thing.. If you do this don't tighten everything up until it is bolted in.. you may have to move the jack a little for fit...:D

koda13
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't have that exact model.. But do have a 2013 Cougar X-Lite 31 RKS
They nose looks the same ...I did some researce and installed a Bulldog 3500# Elec jack.. Works great.. Only thing.. If you do this don't tighten everything up until it is bolted in.. you may have to move the jack a little for fit...:D

Did you also research the Barker VIP? If so, what made you choose the Bulldog over the Barker?

UsTwo
05-22-2013, 04:21 PM
:)Great prices and the 5 year warranty did it for me... on the bull dog.. They both pretty much look the same, but do have different switches.. Don't know, perhaps i am wrong but it just seemed that more folks liked the Bull Dog..Hope you get a good one which ever one you go with..:):confused:

davidjsimons
05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I installed a Husky on my X-Lite and experienced no operational difficulties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katt
05-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Just installed an Atwood 3500 last night on my 2012 X-Lite 28RBS. Access door still opens, the power head sticks up higher than my old jack handle and lets me open tailgate all the way, and it lifted good. I don't have any pic's yet.