PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Cougar High Country

Gaele
05-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi All we love our High Country except for two problems. Our first was we were unable to find our water pump when it came time to winterize. Eventually we found it behind a wall under the kitchen sink. After cutting away part of the wall which separates the electrical panel and the sink area I was able to winterize the trailer.
Another issue that I found today was a bare electrical wire. This bare wire was caused by one of the cables which opens and closes the bedroom slide. If you have a Cougar High Country you may want to check the wiring in the bed room slide. Thanks for reading

Pmedic4
06-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Sorry didn't see your post earlier. I Had to look up your profile to see that you had a 291(assume RLS), which is the same as ours. I found the water pump by removing the drawers and didn't have to cut anything to get to it? Of course that may be a difference between the 2012(ours) and your 2013. Good point about the bedroom slide and the wiring and cables.
Ours had been winterized but didn't have the short section for drawing out of the jug of RV antifreeze, so I was wondering about how they did, unless the dealer can buy the antifreeze real cheap, so they don't have to worry about not pouring 10 gallons of antifreeze in the fresh water tank? But then again we had a bunch of water leaks and I suspect they were very late in doing the winterizing, causing frozen pipes.

Rusty
06-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Ours is located in the basement behind a thin wall of cheap paneling.

I think I am going to take that panel out and frame in a proper access door, and most likely I will also plumb in a control panel for the winterizing system I plan on putting in.

Will have to check that wire you mentioned.