PDA

View Full Version : Spring Maintanence Done

halfprice
05-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Getting ready for our first trip of the year. Going to the Kern River next month. To get ready I did the following:

Sanitized the water holding tank and lines by putting bleach inside and then flushing it the next morning. I ran the water through all the faucets, toilet and outside shower to make sure the bleach past through.

Cleaned out the water heater with vinegar and put in a new anode. Just learned about this through this site. Thank you.

Cleaned the roof with Dawn then applied roof uv protectant.

Pulled off the AC cover on roof. Used an air gun to get all the dirt out of the unit and off the vent system.

Repacted wheel bearings and checked brakes. All was good there.

Washed the 5th and gave it a good wipe down of 303

Just bought a hammock from Costco, new chair for the wife from cw, and a new outside floor mat for the dogs.

Looking forward to some time relaxing in the hammock after fishing for dinner.

Jerry

Loriv247
05-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Nice job! Do you have to replace the anode annually? We just got our rig in March so I'm new to all this. Ha ha

halfprice
05-29-2013, 06:54 AM
I just learned about the anode also. From what I've learned you should check it every six months and replace them when they are about 75% used up. I bought two for $28 on ebay. At that price I'll change mine every year wheather it needs it or not.

Remember to put teflon tape on the threads.

DO a search for water heater anodes and I'm sure you will find alot more info about them.

Jerry

raytronx
05-29-2013, 07:14 AM
Nice job! Do you have to replace the anode annually? We just got our rig in March so I'm new to all this. Ha ha

Will depend a lot on the water used, I find the harder the water the faster they eat away. I have had my current one in there a 18 months (full time use) and it has plenty left to it. Nice soft water here on in the North West.

Previously I had done a trip back east and the anode lasted only 9 months.

I check and flush out the WH about every 6 months, using it full time.

Ray