PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issue in our 2009 Fuzion 403

TheStotts
05-20-2013, 07:01 AM
We brought our 5th wheel out of storage for the season this weekend and discovered we have no power going to the Hot Water Heater Switch in the bathroom/ the Thermostate or the lights in the slide. We keep blowing a 15amp fuse in the number 9 slot of the fuse box. It is our understanding no wiring diagram is available. We did isolate one red/white wire that gets very hot to the touch if we put a 30am fuse in the 15 amp fuse spot.
Any suggestions?

hawaiifrank
05-23-2013, 12:34 AM
We brought our 5th wheel out of storage for the season this weekend and discovered we have no power going to the Hot Water Heater Switch in the bathroom/ the Thermostate or the lights in the slide. We keep blowing a 15amp fuse in the number 9 slot of the fuse box. It is our understanding no wiring diagram is available. We did isolate one red/white wire that gets very hot to the touch if we put a 30am fuse in the 15 amp fuse spot.
Any suggestions?

First, please be careful when troubleshooting electrical problems. It's never a good idea to use a higher amperage fuse than you're supposed to--you could cause a fire by overheating that wire. Use a meter to trace voltage or remove power and use the resistance setting on the meter to trace and TS your problem. If you don't know enough to understand what I am talking about, you probably should call a professional.

Second, I would suspect a pinched and partially shorted wire since the circuit includes the lights in the slide. Look under the slide and check the wire feeding into the slide. Measure voltage and/or check continuity between the breaker and the light. Check for short to ground. Look for pinched or damaged wires around the slide mechanisms.

I have a 2009 Fuzion 302 and I'm guessing the slide wiring is pretty close to the same.

SteveC7010
05-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Any suggestions?
Sounds like a short to ground. If you are not comfortable trouble shooting 12vdc wiring, get it to your dealer's repair shop.

(FWIW, none of us know what the #9 fuse slot is on anyone else's trailer. Perhaps telling us what the label on that fuse says would be more relevant.)