PDA

View Full Version : Bounce in front

Andymon
05-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Even thoguh we haven't towed the TT yet, when doing 45 mph, I get a constant bounce in the front of my 99 F250. I have had new ball joints, shocks, alighnment and tires balanced and rotated. Just can't figure out what it might be. Tie rods are fine.

Ken / Claudia
05-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Could you describe the problem better? I have lug tires and it bounces when I apply the brakes hard at high speeds,the steering wheel moves about alittle. That has told me in the past that the brakes are wore out on other vehicles but, is common with lug tires. I do not have a better answer, what you said you fixed should have taken care of any wore front end parts that cause that type of problem. Also my factory wheels tossed the balance wt.s almost everytime after and short drive. See if they are still there.

Ken / Claudia
05-19-2013, 12:13 PM
I did not think of this until after this post. What is the psi in the front tires, they should be rated at 80 max. If you have that much in them, without a heavy loaded truck the front and rear will bounce. Been there, done that. I run with 55 in front and back when not loaded. Tires last longer and the drive, ride is better. Some I know just keep 65 psi in them always and pull travel trailers only, not 5ers.

Andymon
05-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Ken, I just checked and the tires are all a 55. The bounce only happens at about the time I reach 45 mph. It levels out at just about 50.

Javi
05-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Is it a bounce like a bump or a shimmy like an out of balance tire..

tileman
05-19-2013, 03:30 PM
I had this happen on a truck we had come to find out on the front tire on the inside hard to see till you took the tire off it had a bubble in a tire.

New tire and all was good.

Ron.

hankaye
05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Andymon, Howdy;

Have you had the wheel bearings inspected, re-packed, replaced???

hank

Ken / Claudia
05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I do not have any further knowledge or guesses, good luck and hopefully someone on here can help.

rhagfo
05-19-2013, 11:26 PM
I had this happen on a truck we had come to find out on the front tire on the inside hard to see till you took the tire off it had a bubble in a tire.

New tire and all was good.

Ron.
X2
check for this condition.
Also what shocks? Did you go for quality shocks, or OEM?

Andymon
05-20-2013, 01:23 PM
X2
check for this condition.
Also what shocks? Did you go for quality shocks, or OEM?

New shocks were on when I bought. No name on them. Going into the mechanic tomorrow.