PDA

View Full Version : Decals on ramp siding getting bubbles

MichiganMarty
05-18-2013, 09:05 AM
The decals on our 2006 Raptor ramp siding had a bubble last year, now it has several? What is causing this?

randy69
05-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Sun sun my rig is 2010 decales bubbles decales end curls ..Send some pictures to keystone and and attach a nice letter.

gman1966347
05-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Keystone will only send you decals for free. They will not pay for the labor involved. My wife and I just finished stripping the decals, cause they looked so bad. Not an easy job ,but actually looks FANTASTIC! Should have done this long ago. Go to harbor freight and buy... plastic scrapers, (2) $7.99 heat guns,about 10 cans of the "turtle wax spray adhesive remover". Do exactly what the instructions say.It works great. The adhesive turns to a really sticky goo, but works. Then you have to wax when you are done. Well worth it. We did a few at a decals at a time. Not too bad.Just your hands get tired. Good luck!

Chopped_Burban
06-13-2013, 07:54 AM
There is an air freshener spray called "Orange Squeeze" that you can get in the auto section at Walmart. I highly recommend this stuff for getting any kind of vinyl or sticker adhesive off. Even duct tape adhesive. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute, and wipe off. makes quick work of getting the adhesive off. Also agree about the heat gun.... sometimes just working it off after the trailer has been sitting in the sun and the sides have gotten hot will do the trick. (Edited for poor grammar)

Bugle Boy
06-13-2013, 08:05 AM
What is the history of how these decals were maintained? What cleaners, waxes, protectives were used?

I ask because I am trying to determine exactly how to maintan mine on our new Cougar. So far I have concluded that wax is not good for decals and the more petroleum derivitives it has the worse it is.

Alabama_Camper
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I use Aerospace 303 Protective on my entire trailer...of course most of the exterior is decals. I apply heavily on the decals. Seems to work so far.:)