PDA

View Full Version : kitchen gray tank loose

jmffmj
05-17-2013, 08:37 AM
I have a 26sab. I noticed looking under the rv on the left side by the tires, my kitchen holding tank pressing down on the undercover to the point it is bulging down. I emptied the tank and the bulge receded. I cut open a small square hole in the bottom dust cover and noticed one corner of the holding tank was loose. Keystone has NO diagrams of where or how the holding tanks are placed or attached. Anyone know where I can find diagrams? I probably will have to have it serviced since I'm getting too old to crawl under and do it myself. It might have come loose while being bounced around while traveling. I need to know if it is cradled on supports or just screwed on.

Jim

Festus2
05-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately, Keystone does not have diagrams or schematics for electrical or plumbing - including the holding tanks. They are just not available.

If you have a friend who could crawl underneath and have a peek inside, that might help determine how the tank is attached and supported. The tank would be far too heavy to be supported only by screws. Often, it is held in place by metal straps or some other type of cradle.

Jim Dow
06-23-2013, 01:03 PM
It's too bad that Keystone has not learned about digital camera technology by now. A few digital pics of key installations would be a great help to new owners!!!

Fastback
06-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Jim, I have a 01 Laredo which I just finished wire brushing and painting the chassis. I have 2 gray water tanks each are supported by brackets that run the width of the camper. The tubing is under the lip of the tank. That is all there is. There are no straps on the tanks.

My brackets are made from rectangular tubing with flat plates welded at the ends. The plates have 4 holes in which a couple of #14 self tapping metal screws are driven in to the frame. All 4 of my tanks are installed in the same manner.

Hope this helps