PDA

View Full Version : Must Haves

kc9ojn
05-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Well I could resist no longer I am now a part of the dark side. I have had a “pup” for over 8 years and have loved it. It is now in need of some big repairs that I am doing be for we sell it. SO we drove to MI to pick up our 2010 Passport 2910BH last weekend. Being new to this hard side thing ( have a 1973 14ft Shasta also will be selling) with real plumbing and ducked air and things I have been thinking. There are some things I just MUST HAVE in my camper, I moved them from my popup to the big camper. What are some of your MUST HAVES that you would not be a happy camper without.

hankpage
05-17-2013, 04:44 AM
MUST HAVE a twelve pack in the fridge. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1113 Welcome to the forum, Hank ................ Not wishing it on you but, you will appreciate hard sides the first time it rains. .......... Well .... You did ask what makes ME a happy camper??????

crash
05-17-2013, 04:53 AM
A must have;A Happy wife and then everything else is good:D

GaryWT
05-17-2013, 04:54 AM
There are things we have added or updated through the years moving from pop ups to seasonal to traveling with a TT but must haves? Because of the plumbing you need to carry your TP now. You have more room to store things so we have added dutch ovens and various items to cook things over the fire but a must have? If you needed it in the pop up then you will most likely need it in the TT. The biggest change for us is we do not look at the bathroom ratings much because it does not matter.

fla-gypsy
05-17-2013, 06:12 AM
A powered tongue jack if it did not come with one. A serious tow vehicle (LOL). If your wife is like mine, anything you can cram into the thing! :)

Bugle Boy
05-17-2013, 06:31 AM
A good torque wrench and other useful tools, Spare wheel bearing set(s), grease gun loaded with wheel bearing grease, spare cotter keys to fit wheel bearing spindle, vacuum (we have a small wet vac), collapsable hamper, Bottle jack and support blocks, stash of plastic bags for trash, spare batteries to fit smoke detectors, flashlights etc., spare lightbulbs, A volt/ohm meter is often very handy. Tire pressure gauge,

Festus2
05-17-2013, 06:43 AM
If you look in the "Prospective Owner's Questions" section of the forum, you will find a Sticky at the top of the thread list "Check List for New Owners" which provides a whole bunch of items that RV owners should have. While some may not be "Must Haves", most will come in handy at some point.

After checking this list, I didn't see either a happy wife or a 12 pak. Mmmmm, might have to amend it to include these "must haves".

Enjoy your hard top and sides and welcome to the forum.

Dhuhn
05-17-2013, 08:16 AM
After looking at the sticky, make sure you bring a pad and paper with you so on your first trip you can put down what you need to get and want to get. This way you won't forget when you get home. I know you always think you have everything and then realize you forgot that one thing....... Have fun with the new rig."bouncey:

kc9ojn
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions, we have moved all the stuff from the pop up of course. One of my Must haves is an old spatula I inherited from another family member. It is my favorite kitchen utensil. It would be a sad weekend if it ever got lost or broke. That is more along the line I was thinking as far as must haves. Things we have in our second homes that are special or mean something, or just makes your weekend easier. And yes the 6 pack of your favorite beverage and happy wife are top on my list as well.

suza
07-20-2013, 03:00 PM
We carry a 1 or 2 gallon plastic bucket. I just throw it in the shower when we "load up". Comes in handy for so many things.