PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Season

Barryman
05-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Ok guys and gals, just bought the Coleman Roadtrip 2 (not the one with wheels). Should be delivered tomorrow from CW. I have a question....I have 2 20lb bottles up front, what will i need to buy to connect my grill to one bottle on my TT. I am connecting it directly to the bottle.

GMcKenzie
05-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Short answer is it won't work. The stoves need an unregulated supply and your trailer supply is regulated.

Longer answer is you can do it with some work.

Read http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9739

Barryman
05-16-2013, 02:53 PM
thanks McKenzie. i'm not trying to run it through my TT, but if i just unscrew the regulator from one tank, and use that tank as my propane bottle, what items would i need?

Festus2
05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
There is an excellent sticky on this very topic "Gas Grill & Camp Stove Conversions" found in the Modifications and Upgrades section of the forum. Go there and it will be at the top of the thread listings. Our thanks to Bob Landry for putting this together and I think you will find out all you need to know about this by reading his Sticky.

hankpage
05-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I added one of these to one of my tanks before the regulator and it works great ... it connects to the regulator on the grill as if it was the 1 lb bottle. Stay Flow Plus (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/stay-flow-plus/24020)

warsw
05-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Ok guys and gals, just bought the Coleman Roadtrip 2 (not the one with wheels). Should be delivered tomorrow from CW. I have a question....I have 2 20lb bottles up front, what will i need to buy to connect my grill to one bottle on my TT. I am connecting it directly to the bottle.
i'm not trying to run it through my TT, but if i just unscrew the regulator from one tank, and use that tank as my propane bottle, what items would i need?

This is the way we do it. We bought a ready made hose (6') from Home Depot that will go from the propane tank to the BBQ. They are in the BBQ section.

therink
05-18-2013, 08:34 AM
What you need I believe is called "Extend A Stay" adapter which is like a T fitting that goes between the tank on rv to the grill hose. It allows you to connect a grill on high pressure and still have the rv supplied off of same bottle. Google it. I think you will find it online. CW sells it as well. About $50.
Steve