PDA

View Full Version : Dark Kitchen Cabinets

shiggs68
05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
We have both complained about the overhead kitchen cabinets in our 3750FL, the normal ceiling lights don't help much inside the cabinets.

Dug around in my junk box and found some magnetic security switches and 12V LEDs. Mounted these inside the right cabinet with the switch at the top.

Makes a world of difference. Open the door and you can see.

One done, and two more to go.

Here's some pictures.

suza
07-25-2013, 07:30 AM
We have both complained about the overhead kitchen cabinets in our 3750FL, the normal ceiling lights don't help much inside the cabinets.

Dug around in my junk box and found some magnetic security switches and 12V LEDs. Mounted these inside the right cabinet with the switch at the top.

Makes a world of difference. Open the door and you can see.

One done, and two more to go.

Here's some pictures.

I can't tell, from the pics - where did you mount the LED light? What type of light?

michol02
07-25-2013, 09:55 PM
That's a neat idea.:D

shiggs68
07-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Suza, the LEDs I used were originally from a friend who works for a sign company, they were 3 in a plastic rectangle with 3M tape and wired to the next set.

I placed then on the inside of the cabinet face frame such that they are out of sight and out of touch. Just needed to drill a hole in each shelve floor in the corner to run the wires up to the next shelve and to the under-cabinet lights to pick up 12 volts/ground.

suza
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Suza, the LEDs I used were originally from a friend who works for a sign company, they were 3 in a plastic rectangle with 3M tape and wired to the next set.

I placed then on the inside of the cabinet face frame such that they are out of sight and out of touch. Just needed to drill a hole in each shelve floor in the corner to run the wires up to the next shelve and to the under-cabinet lights to pick up 12 volts/ground.

Sounds like an easy thing to do. My current solution is to keep a flashlight close by. I've also thought of wearing a head lamp :D My grandson is an electronics nut. He would love to help me out with this one.

Thanks for the details.