PDA

View Full Version : Second city water connection

Myyke
05-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I got tired of city water connection getting covered in ice as gutter from roof drips right on it. Added a second city water connection to underneath trailer, so that when i skirt trailer in, it will protected by skirting. I also made a hose connection for if i need to add the pressure regulator i bought. Also thinking of adding valve later to fill fresh water tank from city water connection, if i decide i want to take camper out somewhere else.

hankaye
05-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Myyke, Howdy;

One full-timer to another, are you putting any insulation in that space,
or allowing the warmer interior air keep the chill off the water works???

hankaye

Myyke
05-14-2013, 07:45 PM
I plan on running heat trace from start of water connection right to the sewer connection (complete including tanks, seeing Glacier package does not come with tank heaters), ending with a weatherproof twist-lock plug and markings, so it will also run the heat trace for my sewer line (oddball plug so it works with sewer heat trace only.

When i have underbelly open to do this i'll run a circuit to my breaker box to run it, then insulate that space as well.

Have access to lots of heat trace, just need the time to do the mod.

hankaye
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Myyke, Howdy;

Interesting ...

hankaye

SteveC7010
05-15-2013, 06:06 AM
I got tired of city water connection getting covered in ice as gutter from roof drips right on it. Added a second city water connection to underneath trailer, so that when i skirt trailer in, it will protected by skirting. I also made a hose connection for if i need to add the pressure regulator i bought. Also thinking of adding valve later to fill fresh water tank from city water connection, if i decide i want to take camper out somewhere else.
I like this! Keystone seems to come up with either very good or very bad locations for things like utility connections.

My Cougar has a compartment next to the basement with fresh water, black tank flush, satellite, and outside shower all in one place along with a 110vac outlet and a 12vdc light. Everything exits through a grommet hole in the floor of the compartment and a second grommet hole in the belly. It would be easy to add some insulation for the cold weather in the grommet holes and since it's part of the basement area, heating in colder weather really isn't a problem. It's great, but I've heard so many reports of undesirable locations that I have to wonder how Keystone did so well with mine.

Anyway, well done!