PDA

View Full Version : Campfire treats

iamrwnut
05-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Wondering what your favorite campfire treats are. Smores? Sausage on a stick? Ours are Hobo Eclairs. Please share yours. :)

Hobo Eclairs recipe
3/8" wood dowel
Pilsbury Croisant rolls
Vanilla pudding cup
Chocolate Frosting

Take a 3/8" diameter wood dowel and dip it in vegetable oil bottle. This prevents the dough from sticking on the dowel. Carefully unroll a Croisant roll from the container. It will come out in a "V" shape. I take the long end and start to wrap it around the wood dowel wrapping the end of the dowel and spinning the "flag" end of the croisant around the dowel. See picture on what it may look like. Slowly cook the Croisant over your campfire allowing the dough to fully cook without burning the outside of the croisant. When cooked, pull the croisant off the dowel. There will be a hole inside formed by the dowel. Put the vanilla pudding in a ziplock sandwich baggy. Seal tightly. Snip off a corner of the bag and squeeze the pudding into the croisant hole. When full put the Eclair on a plate and with a butter knife, spread some Chocolate frosting along the outside of the Eclair. Enjoy!!

hankpage
05-13-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1125 Sounds tasty ... might be worth posting in the Kamp Kitchens (http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/group.php?groupid=17) section of Community Social Groups.

Festus2
05-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Good idea, Hank :thumbsup:

This is the best place for campfire and other camping recipes. There are a few there but there haven't been many new ones added lately.

CUFFS054
05-13-2013, 05:03 PM
IAM, please do post it on Kamp Kitchen. Beside sounding good, with careful planning you could occupy the young'ins for a good part of the day!

x96mnn
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM
My absolute favourite is hot dogs. I like hot dogs regardless but keep off them at home for the most part but camping and open fire its free game.

davidcyndi
05-13-2013, 05:32 PM
My daughter and I love these! It is an extremely sweet treat though...

banana cut lengthwise
white chocolate chips
milk chocolate chips
marshmallows
brown sugar

In foil, place split banana. In the middle of the banana add white and milk chocolate and marshmallows and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook in camp fire until marshmallow melts. Enjoy "bouncey:

Festus2
05-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Would it be possible for members to also post their recipes in the Kamp Kitchen section found in the Community (Social Groups) forum? It makes it easier for members to find them and they would all be in the same section. Thank you.

Andymon
05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
My absolute favourite is hot dogs. I like hot dogs regardless but keep off them at home for the most part but camping and open fire its free game.

I'm with you! There's nothing like a char grilled dog on a coat hanger. In the bun with mustard, onions and sauer kraute!!

iamrwnut
05-14-2013, 03:13 PM
I posted my recipe in the Kamp Kitchens social group