PDA

View Full Version : Screen for fridge access panel?

DennisT
05-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Noticed today a bug trying to get into my access panel on the exterior of my 266RL...this being the panel for the refrigerator.

Is there a,"screen'ed," set-up available for these panels? Where?

If not, I need to fit a sheet of small, (screen door size?), screen behind the existing panel......if it will work.

That should bee and bug resist most of my TT except the roof AC unit. Haven't figured out what do with that and my back doesn't allow me to get up there very well to check it.

Dennis

SteveC7010
05-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Noticed today a bug trying to get into my access panel on the exterior of my 266RL...this being the panel for the refrigerator.

Is there a,"screen'ed," set-up available for these panels? Where?

If not, I need to fit a sheet of small, (screen door size?), screen behind the existing panel......if it will work.

That should bee and bug resist most of my TT except the roof AC unit. Haven't figured out what do with that and my back doesn't allow me to get up there very well to check it.

Dennis

Perhaps this thread (which is active as of yesterday) may answer your question in full.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11087&highlight=screen

misky
06-12-2013, 05:52 AM
My problem was mice got in via that access panel, climbed up to the ceiling went across the ceiling and down behind the tub and then through into under the sink area. I finally figured out based on droppings in the ceiling light fixture how they were getting in!

I bought a roll of wire screen @ Home Depot (maybe 1/8 to 1/4" openings) and cut a piece to fit each row of vents and attached from the back side with short sections of wire.

Has worked fine for 2 years now.
You could also add fine mesh screen for bugs as well, but it's going to be hard to seal it from the inside this way.