PDA

View Full Version : Getting excited

2011 keystone
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Our first long vacation with the TT. June 6th we leave WV headed for piegeon forge TN where we will stay at Claboughs family campground untill the 11th then its off to Lakewood campground in myrtle beach SC till the16th
I have read good and bad reviews on both CG'S so if they are somewhere in the middle we will make the best of it.
Just have to remember a bad day of camping is always better than a good day at work!!!!!!!!!

Festus2
05-09-2013, 10:55 AM
2011 keystone -

Campground reviews often reveal a wide variety of ratings, opinions and impressions. A CG may be highly rated and receive rave reviews from some but get low ratings and poor reviews from others. However, if you see a host of unsatisfactory reviews and very few, if any, positive ones, that should tell you something. It might be wise to give this campground a miss.

Hopefully, both CG's will turn out well for you and enable your stay to be an enjoyable one. Travel safely.

byrdr1
05-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Our first long vacation with the TT. June 6th we leave WV headed for pigeon forge TN where we will stay at Claboughs family campground until the 11th then its off to Lakewood campground in myrtle beach SC till the16th
I have read good and bad reviews on both CG'S so if they are somewhere in the middle we will make the best of it.
Just have to remember a bad day of camping is always better than a good day at work!!!!!!!!!
Claybough's what section are you staying in? the front section is kinda of on top of each other, you have room but close with awnings and slideouts. but do-able. back section is just a Little better but it is an older section. these were at one time two different campgrounds and now they are one. so you will see the difference once you are there. Nice pools on each side of the CG, very Nice and new playground up front. Creek runs beside the CG and it was over grown the year we went. BUT a lot of that has to do with EPA rules and run-off stuff for erosion. DUCKS will visit your campsite if you feed them and they will leave you prizes on the ground. but it was kinda cool to see momma and the babies. Over all I would give it an 8 for camping.
Lakewood is next door to Ocean Lakes which I have stayed at plenty of times. Lakewood is a very nice campground and the same can be said of the campsites. some are pull through and others are back ins. you will back up to you neighbor behind you. sites seem average. I have only rode through here twice when we camped next door. Overall based on other opinions, an 8 also. I think you will enjoy both places. Myrtle Beach, SC at the beach and Myrtle Beach in the mountains with Pigeon Forge, thats what I call that area of Tenn.
Personally I am jealous of your traveling schedule and your camping schedule.
I will be near Myrtle Beach 6/8-15(Willowtree RV). My youngest daughters graduation senior/beach trip. This way I can keep an EYE on her....:thumbsup:
randy

fla-gypsy
05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Go have fun and give us your own reviews when you get back.