PDA

View Full Version : Electric tongue jack question

Andymon
05-08-2013, 10:38 AM
I looked in the manual but couldn't find (or missed) on what to do if the electric tongue jack fails. I don't see a way to get the tongue up. Any ideas?

rrohrer
05-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I can remove a small round piece on the top of mine and hand crank it- the crank was provided when i bought the camper. I've had to do it before.

Mighty Ming
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Not sure what brand you have but it should have a manual back up.... ie crank. Check the top of your jack. The cover should have a plug you remove to gain access to a slot where you insert a manual crank handle or socket to raise and lower the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paramenace
05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Mine has a plug in the top as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theeyres
05-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Yep, plug in the top, crank should be in the bay somewhere...just crank away.

Laredo291OH
05-09-2013, 03:49 AM
yeah, you throw away the junk LCI jack that came with the camper (it was always slow and sounded like it was going to quit working from the day we bought the camper) and replace it with a manual jack that you never have to worry about it not working. :) Looking to replace my electric stabilizers with manual scissor jacks also. By doing that I know I'm opposite of 99% of everyone else, no probably 100%, but you'll have that. :)

GMcKenzie
05-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Did this last weekend. Crank goes in the front of mine.

Now looks like I gotta replace the batteries. From Sunday to Wednesday they lost 2 volts and they are disconnected from the trailer.

Crap.

fla-gypsy
05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
My handle port is disguised behind an insert

Andymon
05-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Well, no handle came with the trailer...at least I couldn't find one. Only handle is the one to lower and raise the stabilizers.

rrohrer
05-10-2013, 02:33 AM
u shouldn't need the original handle. just look for the plug on the top or side and fit a socket on the bolt inside

billb800si
05-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Learned something years ago with electric hitch jacks. Some shafts do not have warning markers to tell you when the jack is at the end of travel. And if you attempt to go beyond that you may shear the shear pin on the drive shaft. When that happens electric or manual won't help. You'll need a new shear pin or nail (in an emergency). So what I did was take a marker and marked a ring around the shaft just before the end of travel- now I don't worry.
happy trails,

rrohrer
07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
well I may have sheared the pin in mine. had to use another jack to lift the camper. put the front on a block and remove the jack. now to get the dang thing apart and see if i can fix it. If I can't I might be switching to old fashioned manual one. my motor works but the pole doesnt engage and doesnt work when i manually crank it either'