PDA

View Full Version : Diamond RV Hatfield MA

techdog
05-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Everyone makes a mistake so I'm not jumping on the first little mixup. Starting Wenesday of last week when Diamond RV was expected to have my Cougar 29fks ready after fixing a few problems under the " take it out for a shakedown cruise and let us know if you find any problems" verbal warranty. While most of the minor problems were fixed, I never recieved a call saying the trailer was ready. After calling on Thursday to inquire, I was told that it "looked like everything was completed and they would check and call me tomorrow (Friday). Hearing nothing I called today (Tuesday) and they apologized for not calling and promised to put the TT in front of the building for me to pick up after work. Imagine my surprise when I drove twenty miles to pick up the Cougar and it hadn't been left outside the gate. It was locked in for the night. How many different ways can they mess up getting a customers camper back to them? I was able to walk to the TT and check their work, only one thing they didn't fix but I will address this with them in the morning. After spending $25,000 on a TT I expected better customer service. Not impressed!

Comptech
05-08-2013, 06:55 AM
I just don't get how some of these dealers work... Lacking customer service will affect their business in the long run...:banghead:

SAABDOCTOR
05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
GOOD DAYS BAD DAYS We bought ours from them and have had great service. But i bought mine in 2010. so service personel may have changed. sorry to hear about your troubles.Hope things get better! I would be upset if iwent through what you did. i live about 90 miles away:eek:

frano
05-08-2013, 09:05 AM
We recently bought our new Keystone Vantage from them. We were more than pleased since they fixed a couple of known issues prior to delivery and also told us about how they found some loose seams in the bedspread during their inspection prior to our PDI. They had a new bedspread sent to our home and delivered a trailer that was defect free. They also did a great job setting up the Reese Dual Cam hitch. We took delivery about a month ago.

techdog
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Update: The TT was delivered to my home today (Thursday) at the dealers expense. The one problem that hadn't be fixed to my satisfaction was fixed after a few words with the person who claimed the "whole thing was my fault". In general the problem can be attributed to an employee (or two).
Still, the dealership is represented by each employee.

SAABDOCTOR
05-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Glad you got it fixed. What did did you need to have done?

techdog
05-10-2013, 06:20 PM
On the shakedown cruise we discover that the bathroom and bedroom heating ducts were not putting out enough heat. While trying to find the duct routing under the shower, I discovered a leak under the shower. On the exterior, the locks on the outdoor kitchen and on both sides of the pass through storage compartment were basicly inoperable.
The duct work required dropping the under belly. The leak required a new drain and trap and one of the locks needed to be replaced. The other two locks required adjustment.