PDA

View Full Version : friendly campers

davidcyndi
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
We have been on the forum for a few months now and have read several posts about friendly campers. We finally experienced this last weekend where we had some fantastic "neighbors"! This is why we love camping!:)

f6bits
05-06-2013, 07:18 PM
It's even better when they have kids the same age as yours. Instant playmates that hate to say goodbye.

crash
05-07-2013, 02:36 AM
We have met alot of great people camping and have even swapped phone #s and keep in touch and get together when ever we are close by.Or if one of us has any problems on the road and are close by we help each other:Dor just:party:

JeffS
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
I honestly can't think of an outing when we have not met some very nice and interesting people. We now have a number of friends from around this great country of ours that we keep in touch with and visit during our travels.

fla-gypsy
05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I have run into a few inconsiderate and bad seed campers but most are respectful and friendly.

richf28
05-08-2013, 02:54 AM
We have made many friends through camping. I made up some business cards on the computer with our names, address, phone numbers, and email addresses on them and keep them in the camper. Hand them out to those we like to keep in contact with.

Javi
05-08-2013, 03:37 AM
We met some nice folks while camping, but we also met some real jerks...

We're probably seen as stand-offish by most of our neighbors in the campground, because we generally won't do more than wave or say howdy; then go about our business with out chatting... It isn't that both of us wouldn't talk your arm off if given the chance, but we were raised to respect other folk's "space" and so don't intrude without invitation...

davidcyndi
05-08-2013, 03:38 AM
We have made many friends through camping. I made up some business cards on the computer with our names, address, phone numbers, and email addresses on them and keep them in the camper. Hand them out to those we like to keep in contact with.

One of the campers we met this weekend actually did that. I didn't know campers did that so when he handed me the business card I was thinking why the business card :confused:, then I started reading it and realized it was basically all his info so we could keep in touch. Thought it was a really cool concept.:D needless to say we are going to steal his idea and get some business cards.

fla-gypsy
05-08-2013, 05:11 AM

We're probably seen as stand-offish by most of our neighbors in the campground, because we generally won't do more than wave or say howdy; then go about our business with out chatting... It isn't that both of us wouldn't talk your arm off if given the chance, but we were raised to respect other folk's "space" and so don't intrude without invitation...

X2, there is a time and place for everything. Bothering others who are relaxing may not be the right time or place unless there is obvious indication that a conversation is warranted.

Javi
05-08-2013, 05:23 AM
X2, there is a time and place for everything. Bothering others who are relaxing may not be the right time or place unless there is obvious indication that a conversation is warranted.
Yep, we've actually had folks drag their own chairs over to our camper and sit down waiting for us to finish setting up.... then get mad when we (I) tell them it was nice meeting you but we have plans and need to get going...

cabinfever
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM

X3.....Especially evenings and mornings.

rode2nowhere
05-09-2013, 02:33 AM
a lot of time the men come and help me back in, my dw still in training does not seem to understand that if you cannot see me in mirrors I cannot see you:p

dwayneb236
05-10-2013, 09:45 AM
My wife seems to have this uncanny knack for standing just out of the view mirror so I can't see what her motions or instructions are for me. I also don't think she quite gets the concept of if she can't see me in the mirror, then I can't see her either. She means well though.

Randy_K
05-10-2013, 10:31 AM
My DW likes to stand out of view and say things like " go that way a smidgen " .

Whatever "that way " means and a "smidgen" is .:eek:

KJcachers
05-10-2013, 10:57 AM

Yep, we've seen them too. Going to order some this weekend. Go to vistaprints.com and enter code TMOS to get 250 cards that you design for $10 and free shipping!