PDA

View Full Version : Husky sway control

Andymon
05-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I have the eaz-lift WDH and the sway control. I'm missing several parts to the sway control. I can get the Husky sway control for about the same price as all the parts will run me. I just read this on rvplus.com:

"Dual friction brake pad system provides constant and adjustable sway reduction. Diminishes sway from windy conditions & passing vehicles. Secures with socket & spring clip connectors. Detaches quickly for storage. NOTE: for trailers 24' and longer, the use of both Right Hand and Left Hand sway controls is recommended."

I guess with my 26' trailer I really should get two of them?

Thanks!

Ken / Claudia
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I got one from the dealer when I purchased the trailer, In paid for it and would have likely got 2 if the dealer advised to. I read that same information later. I am not sure if 2 are needed with the larger trucks, maybe a 30 plus trailer would be different. I tested mine with and without it on the freeway in PDX no winds at the time but, lots of trucks passing me. I found no difference in towing or sway. I agree it is a good idea to use it and will but, won't get another at this time.

Andymon
05-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try it with just the one. If I need two then I'll have to buy a new stinger so that there a ball on both sides.

I got one from the dealer when I purchased the trailer, In paid for it and would have likely got 2 if the dealer advised to. I read that same information later. I am not sure if 2 are needed with the larger trucks, maybe a 30 plus trailer would be different. I tested mine with and without it on the freeway in PDX no winds at the time but, lots of trucks passing me. I found no difference in towing or sway. I agree it is a good idea to use it and will but, won't get another at this time.