PDA

View Full Version : Blinds won't stay open

Paramenace
05-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Two of my "day night" blinds won't stay up. It seems like the strings that hold them aren't as right as the others. How can I tighten them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryWT
05-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Someone will help you as I cannot remember but there is a tab or maybe where is is connected at the bottom, you wrap the string around it a couple times to make it tighter or something like that. Good luck and maybe someone will come with better info.

Paramenace
05-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therink
05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
All you have to do is tighten the strings that go to the plastic spools (one on each side) located beneath the window.
Steve

RdRmr
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
X2 on the strings. They tend to loosen a bit over time. Over the years have had one or two of the strings break. HAPPY CAMPIN....:USA:

MarkS
05-06-2013, 10:51 AM
You will have to tighten the cords with the spools at the bottom of the shade. First hold on to the spool while you loosen the screw through the spool. Turn the spool to tighten the cord. Then tighten the screw. Do this to both sides

Takes some trial an error to get it right.

suza
07-28-2013, 01:19 PM
You will have to tighten the cords with the spools at the bottom of the shade. First hold on to the spool while you loosen the screw through the spool. Turn the spool to tighten the cord. Then tighten the screw. Do this to both sides

Takes some trial an error to get it right.

Thanks for the help with blind adjustment. It's annoying to have to raise them back up each time we move the RV. I have a couple that need tightening.

GaryBro
08-02-2013, 06:20 PM
A friend suggested that I "loosen" all the strings on my new camper. He said that if they are too tight, they tend to break prematurely - and I'm not looking forward to the process to put a new string in, so I loosened almost all of mine. It is a very easy process to adjust the tension, so if mine stop holding up the shades, I can make them a little tighter. Just my $.02.

Whohasucovered
08-03-2013, 03:19 AM
I went to pick up the trailer from the dealership and the string was so tight that it actually pulled the screw out of the wall.