PDA

View Full Version : fridge

ed cobos
05-05-2013, 06:16 PM
hi everyone, like some feedback on our fridge, we just got back from east shore rv park in san dimas, which is great by the way, with our hideout and we couldn't get the fridge to operate on ac power. we would switch to auto mode and it would always choose "gas" - we would go manually to ac power, and the beep check would start. any ideas?

hankpage
05-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Check to see that the circuit breaker is on and if so remove the outside grill behind the fridge and see if it is plugged into the outlet. Check for power at this outlet. I hope this helps, Hank

hankaye
05-06-2013, 07:49 AM
ed cobos, Howdy;

There is also a "Control Box" back by the 110vac plug.
A small, maybe 4"X4" Black Box. Inside there is a (I believe),
10 amp auto type fuse that may have 'blown'. Handy "Oh, by-the-way"
hint, ... should the whole thing shut down there is a 3 amp fuse in there
also, it controls the DC side and the whole fridge as well...
ask me how I know ...:rolleyes:, :banghead:

hankaye

Terrydactile
05-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Check to be sure the fridge is plugged in and the outlet is live, plug a known working 120V light in it to test. If its not live, check the breaker in the main box inside your RV. Also check the ground fault outlets inside and out to see if they are tripped. If the outlet is live....

As stated, there are two round glass fuses in the black control box. One for DC and one for AC. The box is located behind the vent on the outside wall. They are very small amp fuses, be sure and replace with the same size.

Let us know what you find out.

ed cobos
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
hey TD - thanks for the info - i do have a outlet checker, just didn't think of it at the time! how do you like your f150 for towing? i have a f150 xlt v8 and a 24' tt.

fla-gypsy
05-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Let us know what you find out when you do the troubleshooting. Knowledge learned from the collective is what makes forums like this one great.