PDA

View Full Version : Shakedown trip in the new Sydney - success

therink
05-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Just returned from the maiden voyage in the new Sydney fiver. I have been prepping and modding her since I brought her home about 5 weeks ago.
Spent three nights at Woodstream Campsite in Gainesville, NY. The weather was beautiful. Everything worked except the awning, but I knew that. Dealer is waiting for awning controller switch to come in. I was able to use the awning, but had to jump the switch with alligator clips to open and close.
My favorite mod I did was remove the regulator on the Weber Q and hooked it up directly to the low pressure LP outlet at the rear bumper. So much more convenient. I love the full outside kitchen. Believe it or not, Keystone actually put a decent queen mattress in this one. No sore back.
Looking forward to a camping filled summer.
Steve

beer breath
05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Next mod for my 340fbh is to put a screw with a bumper on it to keep the sliding door to the bathroom from opening too far. Sometimes ours will slide a bit too far and come out of the cheap plastic holder at the bottom. I also want to figure out some sort of night stand shelf thing for my wife's cell phone on her side of the bed.

therink
05-06-2013, 06:28 PM
I haven't had any problems with the sliding door yet. I am thinking of mounting a dash style cell phone holder on the slide out wall next to the bed. Outlet is right there. I have done a bunch of other mods. We should share them sometime. The couches suck. I do know that. Everything else is OK as far as dislikes.
Steve

beer breath
05-07-2013, 02:05 AM
We have the pleather couches and like them but had to add some plywood behind each of them to support the air mattresses. Pretty poor design there. I still want to add a spice rack and some dividers for the shelves in the kitchen cabinets.

Fastback
05-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Sound like you guys have everything under control.