PDA

View Full Version : Bullet 204rbs mod

tekmantoo
05-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Had a local cabinet maker make a cabinet with a butcher block top to increase storage and countertop space. They also made some doors for under the bed access and under the dinette seat. Much easier access.

Drew

I'll include a link to pictures.http://sdrv.ms/18J39Wt

tekmantoo
05-05-2013, 11:50 AM
http://sdrv.ms/18J39Wt

Drew

Dhuhn
05-05-2013, 12:14 PM
nice looking mods

tekmantoo
05-05-2013, 06:22 PM
nice looking mods

Thank you.

apr67
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Wow, those doors look (from the pictures) exactly like the ones Keystone includes.

tekmantoo
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Yes, they did an excellent job of matching all the way around.

Drew

yeabuddy
05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm interested in having a professional do the doors under the bed and dinette too. How much did that all cost if you don't mind me asking?

tekmantoo
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
The butcher block cabinet attached to sink, the underbed doors and under seat door cost about $400, but has been well worth it. Just the ease of access under the bed and seat is wonderful and the extra storage along with the cutting board top sure makes it easier in the kitchen. Oh and I got the hardware through Camping World that was ordered from the Keystone factory, I believe it was about $8 a door.

Drew

MISailor
05-14-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm interested in having a professional do the doors under the bed and dinette too. How much did that all cost if you don't mind me asking?

Tekmantoo's mods look very nice indeed, but there may be a less expensive route. I recommend checking with your dealer to order replicate doors from your specific TT if there are any stock doors the size you need. That's what I did for my under dinette drawers and under bed doors. I received 4 doors and hardware from keystone that matched perfectly for around $175....though the custom doors made by a local craftsman might be higher quality.

MISailor
05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
The butcher block cabinet attached to sink, the underbed doors and under seat door cost about $400, but has been well worth it. Just the ease of access under the bed and seat is wonderful and the extra storage along with the cutting board top sure makes it easier in the kitchen. Oh and I got the hardware through Camping World that was ordered from the Keystone factory, I believe it was about $8 a door.

Drew

After re-reading your post I see that you got it all done for $400. So, the cost of the doors alone for the dinette and under bed mods may not have been all that different than what I paid for the keystone parts.

tekmantoo
05-17-2013, 05:06 PM
I thought of getting doors from Keystone, too, after I already had the cabinet maker make them, but you're right, they were pretty close to the same price.

Drew

Mij
05-17-2013, 05:55 PM
They look great. Just finished my dinette doors for about $60.

Wildfire
05-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Great mod; we've been thinking of doing something similar with the under-bed storage in our Cougar trailer. Just can't decide between regular cabinet doors or some type of slide-out drawer/trundle system..