PDA

View Full Version : Awning question

dvancurler
05-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm new to the group and have learned a lot for you guys. The dealer told me during the walk through that I should not fully extend the power awning. He said to fully entend and then back it off a little so the bars are not locked. Reading the users manual, it tell me to fully extend the awning. What is right?

CUFFS054
05-05-2013, 09:25 AM
dvan, on mine if I run it completely out it doesn't let the front edge valance drop in place. I have to "bump" mine back a little.

SteveC7010
05-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm new to the group and have learned a lot for you guys. The dealer told me during the walk through that I should not fully extend the power awning. He said to fully entend and then back it off a little so the bars are not locked. Reading the users manual, it tell me to fully extend the awning. What is right?
I don't think there is a right or wrong here even though I would tend to stick with the manufacturer's instructions unless the dealer could tell me something additional that would make his way a better way. My bars don't "lock" in place regardless of position so I'm not even sure what the dealer was trying to tell you.

dvan, on mine if I run it completely out it doesn't let the front edge valance drop in place. I have to "bump" mine back a little.
It's likely that tips like this are more useful anyway.

therink
05-05-2013, 11:06 AM
I always bump mine back 1/8 turn so awing light slot is on the bottom.
Steve

TAZ23
05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
On my Trailer I extend it fully and then back it off about a 1/4 turn so the awning fabric is entering the tube at the top. This eliminates the sag behind the tube which will catch and hold water. The arms dont lock no matter what position the awning is in, but there are manual locking nuts on the arms for rain shedding or awning pitch. Just remember to release them before rolling the awning up. I think you just need to see what works best for you.

chartrand
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
On my Trailer I extend it fully and then back it off about a 1/4 turn so the awning fabric is entering the tube at the top. This eliminates the sag behind the tube which will catch and hold water. The arms dont lock no matter what position the awning is in, but there are manual locking nuts on the arms for rain shedding or awning pitch. Just remember to release them before rolling the awning up. I think you just need to see what works best for you.

X2

-Pat

Ron
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM

X3 here also

GaryWT
05-06-2013, 03:51 AM
X4 -- just enough to tighten it up.

dvancurler
05-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Thanks for all the imput guys. I'm sure I will have mor questions to come. (tx)

thewhitehat
05-06-2013, 08:35 AM
On my Trailer I extend it fully and then back it off about a 1/4 turn so the awning fabric is entering the tube at the top. This eliminates the sag behind the tube which will catch and hold water. . .

Hmmm. Never thunk of that! Thanks.