PDA

View Full Version : Needed upgrades

concours
05-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Today I decided to add L brackets to the bedroom slide out and am I pleased I did, the 4 screws had not pulled out but were very loose so I added 3 L brackets to each side and 2 additional casters to the end of the bed. Then I got carried away and balanced the wheels added Nitrogen and set up the Tire minder. For those of you that don't think that balancing trailer tires is not needed get this, the best tire was out by 2.5 ounces which would give a noticeable shake to your TV and the worst 10.75 ounces (after match mounting the tire to the rim) I can just imagine how much fizz that puts into the beer. Thanks to the members for pointing out the bedroom slide problem

Yak
05-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Today I decided to add L brackets to the bedroom slide out and am I pleased I did, the 4 screws had not pulled out but were very loose so I added 3 L brackets to each side and 2 additional casters to the end of the bed. Then I got carried away and balanced the wheels added Nitrogen and set up the Tire minder. For those of you that don't think that balancing trailer tires is not needed get this, the best tire was out by 2.5 ounces which would give a noticeable shake to your TV and the worst 10.75 ounces (after match mounting the tire to the rim) I can just imagine how much fizz that puts into the beer. Thanks to the members for pointing out the bedroom slide problem

10 oz of weight on one tire?? I would be looking at a new tire IMHO

Ron
05-04-2013, 03:08 PM

The bed comming loose from the bedroom slide was a problem we had with our 2011 cougar 327 and I did the same thing, also I balance all trailer tires and rigs with Equal self balancing power, works great. Glad us forum members could help you out, that's what this forum is all about, communicating and helping others ....."bouncey:

Roller4Tan
05-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Were those "E" rated tires? Hope the wheels can stand the pressure without cracking...

elkhorn98
05-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Are all trailer wheels lug centric? Did you balance them on the lugs or on the center hole?

Mighty Ming
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I had no clue that any tire company/installer wound ever mount any tire without balancing them. Of course unless the customer demanded not to balance them. However I am guilty....as I mounted my wheelbarrow tire without balancing... Oops my bicycle tires as well. Still not understanding this post/thread as it relates to the tire balancing. If I misunderstood the thread .... You have my apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

concours
05-05-2013, 07:31 AM
The wheel was not the problem as I spun up the wheel without the tire and it was perfectly balanced without any weight, the 10 ounce imbalance was all in the tire, my plan is to upgrade them at the 1st sign of a problem, I'm sure that Keystone will not replace the tire because it needed lots of weight to balance it