PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking at Cougar

Kat52
05-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Hello everyone. I am currently looking at a 2012 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. I currently have a Jayco that is litarally falling apart. That is not making me a happy camper.

Does anyone have the 246RLSHE model?? And how do you like it and any cons?? I am shopping in my head right now. haha

Kat

Moderator's Note - Moved from New Member Check In to here.

Festus2
05-01-2013, 07:10 AM
We, like many others on here, also have a Cougar and have been pleased with it since we purchased it in '08.

A while back, a "satisfaction" survey was conducted amongst our members to see if they would buy another Keystone product again. The results indicated that just over 90% showed that they would if given the opportunity. While not exactly scientific, it does show that there is a pretty high level of satisfaction amongst our members with their Keystone RV.

Welcome to the forum.

davidjsimons
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
We, like many others on here, also have a Cougar and have been pleased with it since we purchased it in '08..
X2 on a happy Cougar owner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RdRmr
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
X2 as far as a happy Cougar High Country owner. Don't have the 246RLS, ours is a 2011 291RLS. DW loves the layout. Since purchasing the unit our biggest issue was the Lippert Trail-Aire suspension system, that has since been replaced with Dexter's unit and all is well. Over twenty thousand towed miles so far. Happy Campin.... :USA:

raytronx
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone. I am currently looking at a 2012 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. I currently have a Jayco that is litarally falling apart. That is not making me a happy camper.

Does anyone have the 246RLSHE model?? And how do you like it and any cons?? I am shopping in my head right now. haha

Kat

Moderator's Note - Moved from New Member Check In to here.

I wrote up a full review on my 276RLSWE (http://loveyourrv.com/keystone-cougar-276rlswe-fifth-wheel-trailer-review/) Very happy with the Cougar. Has little problems like any RV but overall good value.

Ray

Bowline
05-16-2013, 08:17 AM
We have a 2010 Cougar 27 RLS and have overall been pretty happy with it. There are some annoyances, including peeling decals and leaks in the door windows that have caused some de-lamination in the fiberglass door panels. I found that the sealing around those door windows was nearly non-existent. I have since replaced the window frames, and re-sealed the windows. The decals are a problem. Nearly all of them are beginning to peel. I will remove each of them, and am not planning on replacing. My trailer will become anonymous. Axel alignment was also a problem, but that was fixed. We have towed over 15,000 miles, through all kinds of weather, and have been quite happy with our unit, decals and all.

eds451
05-20-2013, 04:45 PM
We have an 07 244RLS since 2010. It has been a terrific first trailer for the DW and me. Everything still works (knock on my noggin!!). The only major mods have been a Mor-Ryd king pin, EZ-flex equalizer suspension, slide topper and an 80 inch queen bed to fit my 6'2" frame.
I do not dare show my DW the new 246RLS with the upper slide out. When the time comes, we will most likely be buying another Keystone.