PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Fan Installed

SlowPoke
04-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Finally got around to doing the swap of my manual vent, to a fantastic fan by the oven/rangetop... this thing is sweet. I don't have the remote options, just have a switch for now. I'll look into putting a thermostat on later if I feel necessary... but the switch will do just fine for now.

Had to fish in 12V from behind the microwave, as there were no 12V steady wires to be found in the ceiling... then fished the control wire down through the chase under the cabinets to the switch you see pictured... Pretty straightforward install...any questions?

By the way, after using the Dicor self leveling for the roof, I LOVE THAT STUFF!

Bob Landry
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
I considered installing a switch, but DW is to short to reach the fan, so if I have to crank it open, I might as well turn it on too.. Nice job.

SlowPoke
04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
That's the sweet thing about this one, flip the switch, it raises automatically, turns on the fan, and if it rains shuts the vent and turns off the fan until it's dry again... the DW loves it. I'm waiting on the new trim ring before I put the screws into it though...this ring has a small crimp in it so I called FF cust service to get a new one. Since it's "out of warranty" they are charging me 8 bucks for it but I reckon it's not too bad.

Thanks for the kudos, Bob!

rode2nowhere
04-27-2013, 03:25 PM
looks great, I am impressed.

Festus2
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Steve -
Well done! I know it may be too late, but have you or did you consider installing a MaxxAir vent cover for the FF? We have two FF and two of the MaxxAir vent covers which eliminates the need for the vent cover to close when it is raining or windy. These covers are great and you can leave the "old" vent cover open all the time. They have a model that is especially designed for FF and the like. Has a louvered back and screened.
In fact, you have to leave the old vent cover open wide for the FF to operate properly.

SlowPoke
04-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Actually Festus2 , I did price 'em when I was at the local RV parts store... I considered it, and the sales guy explained the newer ones can be installed without disturbing the dicor so I held off until a bit later. When I get a few more bucks I'll definitely see about putting two on, one for the FF and one for the bathroom vent as well... That one more importantly if ya know what I mean...LOL Ain't nuthin' like chasing out the family into the rain cuz ya can't run the fart fan when it's raining!!! ROFLMBO!

Thanks for the advice Festus2 and the kudos rode2nowhere!!