PDA

View Full Version : Sway Issues on 2013 Fuzion 300 ToyHauler

BBQ WC
04-25-2013, 04:28 AM
Hey all, I have a 2013 Fuzion 300 ToyHauler, I have had installed the Blue Ox Sway Pro. I just used it this past weekend on a trip to maryland, it was about 900 miles round trip. The entire ride down and back I had some sway issues, I couldn't get it over 60-65 without the feeling of losing control, on the way back I stopped and wanted to make an adjustment to try and tighten it up a bit. While tightening up one side, the rotating latch where the chain sits came off!!!! I had to reattach it and make sure both were secure. looking at the owners manual it said the sway bars were 1000lbs max, my tongue weighs ~1300lbs, so looks like my dealer gave me the wrong sway bars, the next size up is the 1500lb sway bars. I also had it loaded with about 1500-2000lbs of cargo(including holding tanks) all thru out the trailer. Would this have caused all my sway problems??? I am bringing it back to the dealer this weekend to fix the issue.

warsw
04-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Yes....Having bars that are rated too light for your tongue weight is probably the problem. With bars that are too light you are not able to move enough of the tongue weight to the front axle. Taking the weight off the front axle is actually what is causing the sway problem. With a WD hitch, the goal is to end up with the same weight on the front axle or maybe even a little more (50 lbs) with the trailer connected as you had before the trailer was connected.

BBQ WC
04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the info Warsw. The new bars I am getting on Sat should help out alot!!