PDA

View Full Version : Hi from over the pond

justlizz
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi all just thought I would say hello from the UK have just ordered a Springdale 242 and am praying they get it over to me by the 17th June at the latest
lizz

davidjsimons
04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the family. Quick question: Mods or Rockers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TAZ23
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
:wlcm: Glad you could join us. Enjoy your new trailer.

Festus2
04-24-2013, 03:22 PM
:wlcm: to the Keystone forum. We hope that you get your new Springdale in time for ???? Do we need a new category on the forum for "Caravans"?:D
Glad to have you with us.

justlizz
04-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome I forgot to say its the 5th wheel and I plan on going to Holland for the Andre Reiu concert on the 28th
lizz

DinArkansas
04-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi, I an from Arkansas. I have quiet a few friends from the UK from meeting them on the internet. This is a great site. My husband and I bought a trailer 4 years ago. We love it. Just got a new one less than a month ago.
Debbie

fla-gypsy
04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Welcome from your American cousins and do post us some pics when the trailer makes it and of your camping spots over there.

JRTJH
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Justlizz,

:wlcm: to the forum and to Keystone's RV family. We're happy to have you join our ranks and we look forward to hearing from you about your RV travels and especially about RVing in Europe.

I suppose the first question I'd have for you is what type of tow vehicle are you planning to use and how does it compare to the choices available in the US? I'd suppose your selection would be somewhat similar to the choices in Australia, but that's only speculation. Many of us would like to know the details of what's available in Eurpoe and how it compares with what we have here.

Again, welcome and please, make yourself at home, just start snooping around, I'm sure you'll find many interesting topics to keep you busy until that Springdale arrives :)

crash
04-25-2013, 03:26 AM
:wlcm:to the forum from the east coast ,Glad to have you aboard and please post some picuters of your camping adventures there:D

chris199
04-25-2013, 08:48 AM
May be a stupid question......

How are you getting it Holland? On the tunnel train? Can you put rv's on there?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JRTJH
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Chris199,

Didn't you notice the "flippers" on the back of current Springdale fifth wheels? That's why I was asking what they are going to tow with. Some European tow vehicles come equipped with rudders.... Makes swimming the channel much easier....

On that note..... back to my room.... :scuba:

DJ85
04-25-2013, 09:47 AM
A big hello for Illinois. The state that can honestly say "Where the past Govenor's make our license plates" :p Got a little history of govenors going to prison for one reason or another. Really think its got to do more with chicigo then anything. ;)

justlizz
04-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi we have a Ford Ranger truck which we tow an Amerilite 5er at the moment We have travelled to South of France and Spain for 6weeks at a time for the last 7 yrs we get the ferry as going by tunnel is 3 times the price but lorries and buses go on it all the time ferry costs are about $ 50-60 one way We could get the BIG truck in UK but the bigger 5ers would not fit the roads or camp sites
lizz