PDA

View Full Version : Camping world Rochester NY just can't get it right

therink
04-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I have been plauged with poor service over the years by CW Rochester NY location. So much so that I swore to never go back. Due to my flaming them on the rv.net forum, they contacted me and begged me to come back. They promised to take good care of me. Reluctant, I bought a new fiver a few weeks ago. There were three items found during the PDI which required ordering parts (two new interior drawer faces and rubber seal for outside kitchen door). I told them to order the parts, call me when they come in and I will install myself. Simple enough right. I picked up the parts today. Got home and opened the boxes. Both drawer faces are the wrong finish, not even close in color. The seal needed corn the outdoor kitchen door is 3/4" width, the one I received is 1/2".
I was joking a few days ago with DW that I'm sure the parts will be wrong. I guess I was right.
I just don't get how hard it is to mess up something so simple. Especially since they wanted my business back and toquit flaming them in the forums.
I'm sure they will make it right but what a pain in the backside. Ok, I'm done. I will hold off from flaming them on rv.net because CW monitors that forum. I will give them another chance, not the end of the world.
There is still 3 other items they need to fix (sagging floor at the entry steps, bad did player, defective relay for the power awning). They did look at and confirm those items today. I. Told them I will return with my trailer once they receive repair approval from Keystone, have the parts, have a plan and can commit to a repair date. I refuse to leave my trailer there in fear I will never get it back. The funny thing is that they had 2 mangers, a tech and the warranty girl all looking at, taking photos, and verifying the repair items. I think someone from CW main office instructed them to take good care of me. Only if they knew how to order parts correctly. I will admit, they are trying.
Steve

Festus2
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Steve -
Are you telling us that CW doesn't monitor our forum? What are we, chopped liver? I feel crushed that rv.net gets all the attention and we get none. :(

So Steve, carry on with your rant against CW on here. It's ok. Our members are good listeners, extremely empathetic, and really feel your pain. :D

Let it all out. Don't hold back. We love you, Steve.

therink
04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
CW owns rv.net. They watch it very only.
I'm behaving right now because I promised cw I would give them a chance. They did take real good care of me during the sale and PDI process. They treated me like royalty. I think they actually have a dart board in their break room with my picture on it though.
:D

f6bits
04-23-2013, 03:58 PM
You'd think they'd be watching your parts order like a hawk and saying "Let's not screw this up…don't screw this up…"

You'd think that they'd care enough to get it right when you give them a second chance.

therink
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
You'd think they'd be watching your parts order like a hawk and saying "Let's not screw this up…don't screw this up…"

You'd think that they'd care enough to get it right when you give them a second chance.

One would think. I am looking forward to showing them what they ordered.

Bugle Boy
04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Since Good Sams now owns Camping World (I think that is the arrangement) and Good Sams appears to do a good job working between owners and poor or bad deals/service, would Good Sams not be a good place to go when things like this happen?

therink
04-24-2013, 02:50 AM
I am holding off reporting my service issues on rv.net because CW has asked me to give them a chance to prove themselves. The reason they need to prove themselves is in response to previous posts I made on rv.net.
While they did order the wrong parts, they are being very attentive to my needs and that is a drastic improvement from before. I don't want to rock the apple cart at this point because I still have pending warranty repairs that need to be done. I'm afraid if I piss them off, the quality of the work they do may suffer.
If they blow this chance I have given them, they will know about it.

mhs4771
04-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Steve, not that it will help with warranty issues, but once the warranty is up and you want good service check out Caledonia RV (former home of Meyers Campers). They are a Service Center only, no new sales. They specialize in rebuilting or customizing RVs but do a lot of service work. Since they don't do sales, they have to do good service work to stay in business. And depending on which side of the city you live on, they may be even closer than Churchville.

Good Luck with CW as I won't let them touch our rig.

therink
04-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Steve, not that it will help with warranty issues, but once the warranty is up and you want good service check out Caledonia RV (former home of Meyers Campers). They are a Service Center only, no new sales. They specialize in rebuilting or customizing RVs but do a lot of service work. Since they don't do sales, they have to do good service work to stay in business. And depending on which side of the city you live on, they may be even closer than Churchville.

Good Luck with CW as I won't let them touch our rig.

I live in West Henrietta and am familiar with Caledonia RV (former Myers). Aside from warranty, I have always donenall of my own work on my rvs. My inlaws use Caledonia RV and have had good luck with them. I won't let CW touch my rig unless I am onsite to supervise (they must hate me). Been burned twice there, but not again.
Thanks
Steve

Bob Landry
04-24-2013, 08:45 AM
If they are the ones who sold you the trailer, ask them to pull the invoice for your trailer, make note of the VIN and what packages and options it came with. Parts are a lot easier to order using that information rather than guessing. BTW, this is not the first service related post about CW that has been written here. I have one about 50 miles from where I live and won't even go into their store.