PDA

View Full Version : Loaned my camper out for the week

Htfiremedic
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
My brother is getting married Wednesday. We are 20-30 minutes from decent hotels. His soon-to-be in-laws came in from California this week. I set the Fuzion up at my dads house with a 50Amp service.
They love it!! Hope I can convert them to the camping life. The freedom, the camaraderie, the relaxing atmosphere. Dang...why did I let them use my camper....I need a vacation!
Lol

f6bits
04-22-2013, 06:41 PM
That's brave and generous of you. At least it was set up locally. What'd you do for sewer management?

p.s. To me, loaning out my trailer is the worst of both worlds (lending a car, and lending my house). Cars need to be driven with care, and my house is my personal space.

antiqfreq
04-23-2013, 04:54 AM
My camper is under my RV port at home and I always seem to have some company visiting......

We have the electrical hook up there. Fill the water tank up with the hose
& when they leave we dump the tanks by the garage since we have a septic tank there and we put in electric there, water and 2 sewer hook ups.

Sometimes friends come with their own campers and it is nice to have hook ups for them.

If my spare bedroom gets full - outside they go- no problem and they love it!

Jo;)

fla-gypsy
04-23-2013, 06:25 AM
I never loan my camper to anyone but that's just me. I don't loan my bedroom out at the stick house either.

Clanton24v
04-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Agreed very brave thing to do. I do not think I could do it

Festus2
04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Maybe Htfiremedic was just showing some consideration and generosity for his relatives or friends by letting them sleep in it for a few days while they were visiting. It doesn't appear as though they were driving it around and "camping" in it. Sounds like more of an act of kindness rather than bravery.

Htfiremedic
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
@Festus- you are correct sir!
The family here is pretty close.
We tied into dads septic tank, via his clean out. All seems to be well there.
The big day is tomorrow, they all head home to Cali then.
I have to say, I miss being able to go to my "dog house" and hide!!!
Looking forward to pulling her the 1/2 mile home!!!