PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sensor Step/Stair Light Mod

Jim Dow
04-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Montana High Country 2011: This weekend I added a motion/light sensor battery operated LED light along side the steps/stairs leading up from the entry/kitchen area to the bedroom. I consider this to be a safety mod. At a minimum it provides a warning that I (or my wife_) am approaching the stairs; and I should consider turning on the lights when I am going to the refrigerator for a snack in the middle of the night.

Comptech
04-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Nice, may I ask where you purchased it from....?

mikell
04-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Thats cute I know they make them to scare animals away but never thought of one indoors

jje1960
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Montana High Country 2011: This weekend I added a motion/light sensor battery operated LED light along side the steps/stairs leading up from the entry/kitchen area to the bedroom. I consider this to be a safety mod. At a minimum it provides a warning that I (or my wife_) am approaching the stairs; and I should consider turning on the lights when I am going to the refrigerator for a snack in the middle of the night.

Very nice. We also have them, ours go outside under the stairs on both front and back. They are great for approaching the stairs, both us entering and those pesky kids looking for beer in coolers!

webslave
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I put one (LED light on motion detector) over our "switch panel". There are times when we come in after dark or I want to turn something on without having to turn the overheads on to see what I'm doing at the panel and it helps illuminate the switches (the nifty "Cougar" night light does nothing for illuminating the switches). I orignially found them when I installed lights on my gunsafe. They had a nifty little battery powered LED light with a motion sensor to light up the combination dial. I got a couple of extras and put one over the switch panel. We come in the door, it lights up the panel. I walk over to the panel from inside and it lights up the panel without disturbing anyone. I put another one by the steps and mounted it low to just illuminate the steps. The reason I like these is they are reasonably flat (don't stick out far) and they shine their light down instead of out. Depending on what you want to illuminate, that could be a drawback, but, for illuminating the panel and the steps they do the job for us.

http://www.lightmysafe.com/

I've gotten a lot of stuff from them. Started buying when the guy was just getting started. Good quality and prices and he ships pretty quick.